Chapter 4

Chapter 4ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

   Chapter 4
ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

I was avoiding mother at all costs. It was not easy to do seeing she was staying there with us. I could not wait for her to leave. She was a thorn in my side. I was up early that morning. After Charlotte picked up Finn and took him to work. I was making breakfast after he left.

"Where is your young man?" mother asks me as she helps herself to the pot of coffee I made for Finn earlier.

"He went to work" I explain coolly.

"Oh where does he work at?" mother wonders.

"Why should I bother to tell you? You are just going to make fun of what he does for a living" I snap.

"Sydney, you are really not being fair here. I am trying to get to know your young man. Now how can I if you do not help out?" she points out.

"Fine. He works at a local diner. He is a dish washer" I snap.

"Oh" she says softly.

I knew that kind of OH....
She was not pleased I was marrying a dish washer.

• ❤︎ •

"Finn is the best thing to happen to me. Do not start in" I grumble.

"I am not. But honey, how can he offer you things in life if he is a...well a dish washer" she laughs.

"Mother, he will not be one forever. He came....moved here to be by my side. We made things work. This was all he could get for now for work. He will get a better job one day. I do not have room to talk. I lost my job I had" I point out.

"Why did you lose your job? Because that loon Jordan had you fired? Did you not take them to court like your father told you do to?" mother wants to know.

"Mother, I do not want to go back to work there. Even if Jordan is there or if he is not there" I sigh. The aquarium brought back bad memories of when I nearly lost Finn for good. I did not want to be reminded of that.

"Alright, are you looking for work and planning a wedding? That has to be hard" she points out.

"It is. But I can get it all done" I grumble.

"Well if you put the wedding on hold you could work on the job issue" she has to say. She was really pushing my buttons.

"Hello dears. Now, Sydney has things all settled. Leaving the wedding planning to us. She has found a dress did she tell you that?" Gram asks my mother as she comes in.