15.

All rights reserved...@brightlights101

Disclaimer: There will be characters mentioned from previous chapters. You may not remember them so I'm giving y'all a reminder.

Andrea and her father made it to the restaurant. Most of the place was gutted with piles of debris scattered in every which corner. Everything from her childhood was in shambles.

Andrea took off her coat, placed her purse off to the side and put on an apron and a pair of gloves and got to work. She didn't want to wait a single minute. The restaurant had to open soon so her parents could make a living.

Her father insisted that she put her efforts to ordering items that needed replacing and leave the manual labor to him and everyone else. But Andrea ignored her father and persisted she do it herself and not be tied down to a phone for the rest of the day.

Despite her clothes becoming raked in by dust she was presented with an opportunity. One of the employees were ready to demolish a piece of beaten down drywall when they asked if she wanted to take the first swing.

Andrea didn't waste a second and bolted to retrieve a pair of gloves, safety goggles and a sledgehammer. There was nothing more exhilarating than this very moment.

Her adrenaline kicked in the moment she was given the sledgehammer. Her heart started racing a mile a minute. This was the only time she felt she could relieve all her pent up anger. This was the perfect timing.

Andrea gets in a sturdy stance, gripping the handle and slowly bringing her arms back to deliver a blow when her father walks her way frantically.

"Tesoro, cosa pensi di fare?" Sweetheart, what do you think you're doing?

Andrea groans, rolling her eyes as she slowly turns to face her father.

"I'm helping," she points out the obvious.

"You're pregnant, Andrea. You shouldn't be doing stuff like this. You can hurt yourself."

Knowing he was coming from a place of concern, she continued to defy him.

"I'm knocking this wall down." She remains adamant, getting back in her stance and staring down at her target.

"Andrea-"

Her anger shoots out as she puts all her force into her swing, creating a loud bang and a large hole left in the dry wall.

"Wow! That was amazing!" She jumps in joy, feeling exhilarated.

"Do another one!" Someone yelled.

The employees cheer her on as she goes in for another swing, her father looks over her shoulder hoping she doesn't end up hurting herself. He was prepared to intervene if anything went wrong.

After a solid ten swings, perspiration formed along her hairline. Her arms felt heavy and tired. She was breathing heavily but there was a smile on her face.

Gustavo, the man who always got straight to the point took the sledgehammer and gives her a firm slap on the back.

"You did good for a pregnant woman," he smiles.

A heartfelt laugh escapes her mouth as she tries to catch her breath. It felt good, this feeling she had that she suppressed for so long. Her muscles were finally relaxed and her mind was clear.

It felt euphoric.

Who knew taking her anger out on a busted up wall would do the trick.

Marcella brings her a chair and a glass of water.