Chapter 3

*TW RAPE*

Next day, there's a beach cleanup. I'm in a boat with Sarah, Topper, and Sage. It's about 9 o'clock in the morning and  I'm still regretting being awake this early in the morning. We go past the Pogues and Kiara says something but as I said before. I'm not awake enough to comprehend it. When we get there Sarah is bitching to Topper about John B.

Sage grabs my hand and takes me to where Kelce is standing. "Em, you look tired. This will wake you up." He hands me a bottle and I sniff the drink inside. "Oh shit, Kel. What the fuck did you do to this?" I take a swig and it's strong. Sage comes up and puts his arm around me. "What have you got there?" I hand it over. He takes a swig and chuckles. "Wow, Kelce. You really weren't playing around." 

Sarah and Topper come up to us and Sage passes the bottle to Topper, who takes a swig and passes it to Sarah. Sarah is too busy laughing about how strong the drink is that she doesn't have time to react when Wheezie grabs the bottle and takes a large drink. I grab the bottle off her as quickly as I can and glare at Kelce playfully. "Nice going, Kel. You're corrupting children." 

A man comes up to us and asks how we're doing and we hide the bottle. After the cleanup we're standing in a circle. Most of the kids are drunk so we're all giggly. There's adults glaring at us and we ignore them. Sage grabs my hand as we're walking away, spinning me. "There's a party tonight. You're coming with me." I nod with a salute. "Yes, sir." He kisses my cheek with a chuckle

Later that night we're at the party and everything is going well. Sage and I are getting along for the first time in a while. We dance for a while but then he decides to take me upstairs. He leads me into a room and he locks the door. I chuckle as he lays me on the bed wasting no time. He starts kissing me and I kiss him back immediately.

**************************************************************************************

This is nice. I like when we get along. I like when he isn't mad at me. But then he starts getting handsy. I move his hands away and he looks at me confused. "What?" "I don't think I'm ready for that." He scoffs moving off of me. "Really? I was nice to you this whole day and you won't even let me do anything." "I'm sorry. I'm just not ready." He grabs me and he pins me down. 

"I've been waiting for all this time and I'm tired of waiting." My eyes widen as I try to escape him. "No, Sage, no." "Can't you see that I love you Emelia, more than anyone else could." I shake my head trying to escape. I try to scream but he kisses me hard muffling my cries. He starts taking off my clothes but I don't stop fighting. He's stronger than me but I don't stop.

Even while he's doing it, I try my hardest but apparently my hardest is not enough. Finally when it's over, he rolls off me. He kisses my forehead and I flinch away. "I know you hate me now so obviously our relationship is over. But that was great." A sob escapes my mouth. I can't believe that he did that.

I can't be here. I stand and I run out, ignoring people saying hi to me. I've got to go anywhere. I realise I can't go home, but from where I am, I know that I'm really close to the Cut. Without thinking I leave and I go in that direction. I know he doesn't want to see me and we haven't talked in 3 years since he was kicked out. Finally I reach his house and I knock on the door.

My brother, Trevor, opens the door. He looks at me confused but  when he sees the look on my face, he moves aside. I walk in and sitting on the couch is his fiance, May. She looks at me just as confused as my brother. "I'm sorry. I had nowhere else to go." "You couldn't go home?" I shake my head as tears brim my eyes. "Can I use your shower?" They're both still very confused but they show me where it is.

As soon as I get into the shower, it all comes back. I sink to the floor as I try to scrub away his hands off me, the feeling of his weight on me, the feeling of being helpless, the feeling of me not being strong enough, not fighting hard enough. My sobs echo through the room and I know they can hear me. After an hour, I finally manage to get out of the shower.

***************************************************************************************

I open the door and there's some clothes on the ground. I change into them and make my way to the living room. May and Trevor are both sitting there, but their not alone. My mum and dad are sat there and they are all looking at me concerned. "Emmy..." I shake my head. "I can't talk about it. Please don't make me talk about it." My dad stands up and tries to wrap me in his arms but I move away. I don't want to be touched right now.

If he's hurt, he doesn't show it. They take me home and I go to my room unable to sleep. In the morning there's a knock on the door. I don't answer it, it might be him. The knocking keeps going and then I realise, there's nobody home. They were so concerned about me, that they left me home alone. I go downstairs and I peep to see who it is.

What I don't expect is to see JJ Maybank standing there. I open the door. "Hi, JJ." "Hey, Emelia, just brought your groceries." I move aside so he can bring them in and I find money with a note from my parents telling me to pay for the groceries. I give him the money and he walks away happily shoving the money into his pocket.