Not Father's Favourite

"I heard that you found out about the Umino's Amulet and used it for the first time, how did it feel?"

"Tiring, just tiring,"

"It's normal for that to happen," Iruka said, slowly caressing my hair with his hand.

"Why didn't you tell me about it before?" I asked curiously, snuggling to my father's side.

"Because... I thought you weren't ready for that yet, you're already dealing with Asmodeus-"

"But it's useful isn't it, I could have used it to heal Sensei earlier," I blurted out without hesitation but I regretted afterwards.

"Sensei? Who's Sensei? Are you talking about Shino?" Iruka repeated confusingly.

"Forget about that! Where did Boruto go? Is he at home?" I assured quickly, changing the subject immediately.

Even though Iruka put the issue aside, Anahita was still cautious about the child. Although it is her grandchild's daughter, it didn't set with her how she was kidnapped for half of her life and now she's settled in after a month.

No, that's not how it works. She will snap eventually and when that time comes, she shall pray to the Gods to keep them all alive...

\\♤♡ • ♧☆\\

"Can anyone tell me who was one of the main people in the war that was fighting against us?" Shino sensei asked and I struck my hand up.

This is so easy! I have been taught this topic so many times by Sensei! I practically know the whole story by heart!

"Yes Enkai?"

"Kaguya Otsutsuki, Shino sensei, she was one of the main people that was fighting against us,"

"Excellent! Thank goodness some people actually read the book, unlike you, Shikadai and if Boruto was here, I would tell him off as well,"

I sighed gently, sitting back down and started to stare at the empty seat beside me. If that idiot was healed then why isn't he here? He's getting me worried and I don't like it.

"Don't worry Sadara, you'll get the next question," I heard someone say confidently from behind me, Cho Cho if I had to say by the loud munching.

"I know Cho Cho, it's just getting annoying nowadays," Sadara's voice sounded frustrated nevertheless it felt like it was for directly at me.

What did I do to her? I kept my distance away but still hates me, typical Uchiha's. No wonder Sensei hates them, I thought while going through the history book that Sensei gave us.

What Enkai didn't know was that Sasuke had come back from a mission yesterday and what he said angered her, even now, just thinking about it.

A knock on the door made me question who it could be, Mom said that she wouldn't be until 9 o'clock and it was 6 o'clock.

Opening the door, there stood my father in his usual cloak and his long hair that covered half of his face.

"Hello Sadara, is Sakura here?"

"No, she went on her shift in the hospital,"

Silence filled between us as Father walked inside the house and sat down in the couch.

"Sadara,"

"Yes Father?"

"You've met Enkai haven't you? Sakura told me you two had a sleepover, how was it?"

The first thing that he asks is about her! Not about me or the health of his daughter but a stranger!

"It was nice I guess,"

"How is she like?"

"Well she's very sarcastic,"

A small smile appeared on his face, he closed his eyes for a second before he opened it again.

"Just like her father and my sensei," He muttered silently to himself.

"Um, father, why did you come over, I know you must be busy with all of the work-"

"I came to see how Enkai was doing, she's very unique you know, her and the Sharingan..."

At that moment, my heart broke into pieces at my own father's words. He didn't even come to the Village to see his daughter but someone else's.

How is Enkai even better than me? Although she has the Sharingan, we both have good grades and the same age. What was it that made my own dad like someone else better than me...