Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Explaining and acting to Dimitri that I wanted to go for a short trip was more nerve racking than explaining Dimitri's situation to Olena.

Olena had cried and laughed, glad that her son wasn't dead. She was estatic when I informed her that we're coming over. I heard from her that Viktoria had told her what happened before I left, and that she was so sorry when she couldn't find me the next morning. Olena apologized on her behalf which I brushed away, I didn't put it to heart.

Olena put Viktoria on the phone afterwhich we talked for awhile before I told her I have to go. I smiled after the called ended. Luckily, things were all good now and I only have to deal with keeping Dimitri in the dark until the last moment. I hoped he wouldn't be mad at me for making such a decision. He had been really suspicious about my request.

The plane ride was comfortable and luxurious. As we got nearer to Siberia, my heart started to beat faster, from Dimitri's possible anger or excitement, I cannot tell. Dimitri's hand moved over and closed around mine, giving me comfort, thinking I'm nervous or something. I am nervous though, Dimitri in angry or fierce mode is thundering. Right now, he was calm, even a little happy, judging by his lips which was tilted a little in the corners.

I felt him stiffened the moment we touch the airport. Even more when we step into the airport. He pulled me back when I started moving forward.

"Rose. Where exactly are we going?" Oh shit. He's using his don't-lie-to-me voice. I should've known that there ninety nine point nine nine nine nine and going on forever nine's percent that he'll recognise the airport.

"Erm... Baia?" I mumbled, hanging my head down so that the chances of him hearing was lower. Fat hope for me.

"Rose, I know what you're trying to do. It's not going to work, they'll try to stake me before I can do anything." He sighed.

"I won't let that happen. I've trust you so many times, Dimitri. Can you trust me now? Please?" I pleaded with him. I knew if my request isn't something he can't do, he'll agree to it. I'm planning on that. Finally, at long last, he nodded. I smiled and grabbed his hand, leading him to where Lissa had a car waiting for us.

It sent us all the way to Dimitri's doorstep. I climbed out, dragging Dimitri with me. I made Dimitri stand beside me as I rang the doorbell.

Dimitri pulled me back when the door swung open slightly. No one appeared behind it, it was as if the door wasn't locked and the wind had caused the door to move. The house was dead silent. My heart beat as the first thing came to my mind. Unconsciously, my hand reached to the back of my jeans and gripped onto my stake, ready for a surprise attack. I noticed from the corner of my eye Dimitri doing the same.

He pushed me behind him as he stepped up to open the door fully, so he could take on the first attack. A loud noise filled the house suddenly when Dimitri pushed the door open and the lights flickered on. Olena came running towards us and flung herself onto Dimitri, who caught her easily.

"Dimka!" She cried out, before uttering a long string of russian which I cannot understand due to my poor russian volcabulary. Dimitri started to relax more as time goes by while Olena continued her string of words.

When Olena finally pulled back and wipe her tears, I looked up from them to see that Dimitri's whole family was already standing behind them, looking on with tears in their eyes. I spotted Yeva in a corner, staring at me with her creepy eyes with a knowing glint in it. Shocked surged through me when her eyes suddenly flicked down to my stomach, before looking back at me and smiling. She started to walk towards us, eyes still on me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------