12:Captured

Unedited

Chapter 12

Katelyn's POV

I wake to a terrible pounding in my head. I open my eyes only to find darkness. I feel the floor and my senses detect that the floor is concrete. I force myself to sit up only to find an unbearable pain in my legs. I sit on the wall and start to weep. Once again I'm in a figure out or die situation. How do I get into these things? Suddenly I hear footsteps. My immediate reaction is to pretend to be sleeping.

"What are we going to do with her?" A female voice asks.

"Where going to keep her as our own pack member." Says a male.

"Why? It's not like she's something special." Says the women.

"Oh trust me she's special and we need her."

"Wait, why do we need her?" Asks the woman

"Okay well... Every 100 years, the Moon Goddess gives a part of herself to her strongest warriors. The person who gets that holds a true power in which can only be activated if she becomes more stronger. So all we need to do is drain all that power off of her by keeping her away from her mate. Then we can have all the power to ourselves." He says.

"Why don't we just abuse her so she can get the power drained faster." Says the women.

"You see, I would do that but.... I made a deal with someone. He said that if he breaks her heart a little bit by cheating on her and exchange for that we don't abuse her." He says.

"Who was the guys name?" The woman asks.

"I think it was something like... Max? I think it was." He says while scratching his head.

I let out a little shriek when I hear his name. So he never meant to hurt me..... He was trying to protect me.

"Here he is. He's going to be Katelyn's friend when they go to the new pack." The man says while grabbing Max by his collar of the shirt and throwing him in the dark room with me.

"Lets go get the truck ready." The woman says. Then I hear them shut the door and footsteps walking away.

I crawl over to the limp body despite the pain and rest my head on his chest. I hear his heart beat and somehow it comforts me.

"Katelyn?" Max says in a slurred voice.

"Shh it's okay. I'm okay. Now you go to sleep and when you wake ill be there with you." I say while fear bounces in my eyes when the door opens.

"No matter what you hear just stay there." I say once the man comes in an yanks me up.

I scream because of the pain in my legs. I force myself to walk. They being me into a room with light. It takes time for my eyes to adjust but once they do my head is soaked with.... Blonde hair dye? Then out of nowhere a person comes in front if me and chants some weird words. In about an hour they make me look at the mirror.

I gasp in horror. My once wavy black hair is now a wavy blonde type of hair. My once green eyes are now a bright brass brown.

"What have you done!!" I cry out.

"Oh don't worry honey. It only lasts for a whole year." The woman says while taking a firm hold on my arm.

She walks me outside where she ushers me into a truck in which Max is already in. I let a few tears escape before snuggling close to Max. He's now the only person I know, so therefore he is my only friend. Only time will tell what will happen to us.

----------------------------------------

THE END OF BOOK 1

Hey guys so that was the last chapter of this book. I'm sorry it was short but the second book will be longer. I will keep you updated on when the next book will be posted. Until then.... Bye!!:)

Q: What did you think of this book? And are you excited for the second book?

Well thanks lovies for everything!!:)

Ps epilogue will be posted today but not sure when.