11. my deadliest poison

Azrael Carmen

I was fake dating an obnoxious bastard. He looked hideous with his half hearted grin and his wild gaze on the road. I watched him spin the wheel with the heel of his palm and arm casually hanging on the opened window. So free and reckless. He was a breath of fresh air and everything I could never be.

Red light kissed his face as the car came to an abrupt stop. He finally took his eyes off the road and cocked his head at me. "Enjoying the view, sunshine?"

That stupid fucking nickname. If he was about to start telling me the reason he pronounced me as such was because my blonde hair reminded him of the fucking sun, I was going to dump his ass during this fake first date.

I turned my head away with a scowl before muttering under my breath. "I'm deciding if I want to be seen with you in public."

His chuckles filled the little space and I debated bashing his head in the dashboard. Despite being blessed with a disgustingly good looks and a handsome face to match, the bastard was horribly irritating. He was much more attractive when he didn't open his stupid mouth.

"Anyone would kill to be paraded around on my arm." he stated as we made a sharp turn to the left. It was a horrendous fact that I refused to acknowledged.

I decided then that I would be spending the next seven months of my life crashing his egos until there was nothing less than a shell of a weak wounded man.

"I'm using you for my own selfish benefit." I said, clutching the strap of my purse.

"We both get advantages out of this. And, I shall be a servant at your service, Jane." his whisper sliced through the cold air conditioning and his words caressed me like a lover's touch.

If I wasn't careful, Elliot Salvatore might just be my deadliest poison.

The car's engine cut in front of a golden building right in central London. He got out first, giving his car key to the kind valet. A dozen cameras suddenly flashed around us and my hand went rigid on the handle. Elliot studied my face as he opened my door for me, holding out his hand. I could feel the blinding lights and their curious eyes burning on my skin, waiting and anticipating my response.

I grew up around the media but never this close. They loved my father and his exciting date life, not me. I was the uptight heiress who loved designer brands and drinking people's blood. And, now they were watching me because I showed up with the most eligible bachelor in the country. He was right when he said I was going straight to the top. Our insane scheme might just work.

I needed a fucking minute.

Elliot bent down and stuck his head inside the car, invading my personal space. I didn't have it in me to curse him out so I settled on another cold glare.

He held my face in his hand. I imagined strangling him to death but smiled sweetly at him. People watched, still anticipating. This time I let them and my blood sizzled in satisfaction.

"I'm on your team, Jane. For better and for worse." he leaned forward, skimming his mouth across my cheekbone and his low whisper felt suspiciously like a lover's vow.

I melted into his touch, grumbling low just for him to hear. "Definitely for worse."

Suddenly, he was grinning at me. I glared to match his gaze. "What?"

"You're nervous. It's adorable." This time he fully smacked a kiss on my cheek before finally helping me out.

I freed my hand from his grip and punched him across the jaw. He mocked wince as I turned to the cameras, raising my eyebrow when the flash went off rapidly. "By all mean, I don't normally support violence."