Chapter 92: Amore.

Sardinia, Italy. April 9th, 2001.

"Indeed, the enemy was already there! But I killed them, it's all good! I got them! Aerosmith screwed them up!

- Good job Nara", (Y/N) congratulated him.

Narancia gave her a huge smile, proud of his shot. At the very place of their investigation, he had just succeeded in getting rid of the enemy before they were attacked.

"Great, I'll see who it was.

- Wait, Abbacchio", Bucciarati stopped him. "We don't know how many are our pursuers. For now, I want you to replay this photo to find out who took it fifteen years ago. Better not linger here.

- I assure you that the enemy was alone up there!" Narancia exclaimed.

"So I'll go, I'm going to see", (Y/N) announced.

(Y/N) took out her Stand as protection. Just in case. She heard Bucciarati ask,

"Narancia, are they really dead?

- No, but they're not far. Their breathing is jerky and they're staying still.

- Good. In this case, (Y/N), wait for us! Narancia and I are coming with you to check!"

But (Y/N) was already going down the trail to the bottom of the cliff. Bucciarati sighed.

"Abbacchio. Start the replay with Moody Blues. We will be back.

- Understood."

For her part, scythe in hand, (Y/N) was advancing cautiously, ready to face the enemy on the ground. But she would never need it. There was a jingle of bells that she recognized immediately. And her heart stopped. Impossible. It couldn't be...

"Ris'... Risotto!!"

Her scythe disappeared and she began to run to throw herself on her knees beside the man lying in a pool of blood. She didn't even pay attention to the pain caused by her legs scraping violently on the ground. Her heart was racing.

"Risotto! Risotto, open your eyes!"

He was barely breathing, riddled with Aerosmith's bullets, one hand and one foot detached from his body. His face was completely disfigured. But when he heard the young woman's voice, he opened his eyes weakly. (Y/N) was holding her breath. And when she saw a faint red glow in his dark eyes, she screamed,

"GIORNO!! GIORNO, MOVE!!

- ... the Boss...

- Save your breath Ris', you have to hang on until Giorno arrives."

Risotto closed his eyes against his will, exhausted. He was fighting inside to stay conscious. She slowly ran her fingers over his forehead to move a strand of white hair, her throat knotted. Why did fate have to go so hard?

"Don't go, I beg you..."

But Risotto didn't answer. He showed no reaction. Then the young woman's heart accelerated a little more and tears welled up in her eyes. Not him. Not him too.

"...please...I...I don't even know your real name..."

Risotto still didn't answer. (Y/N)'s heart began to crumble in her chest. She couldn't let such a tragedy happen again. Slowly she leaned down to kiss him. But before his lips could touch hers, he whispered in a weak voice, drawing on his last strength.

"... Mercurio."

(Y/N) eyes widened. With a trembling hand, she intertwined her fingers with his, covered in blood. And finally, like an angel fallen from heaven, Giorno arrived, accompanied by Narancia and Bucciarati. Seeing the young woman on her knees, he immediately understood. He didn't ask any questions, he just brought out Gold Experience. The Stand lit up and (Y/N) held her breath. Bucciarati muttered,