Chapter 50: Welcome to Morioh.

Morioh, Japan. June 10th, 1999.

It was very early when (Y/N) arrived at her destination. The first rays of the sun were piercing the sky with difficulty. And yet, her driver was on time to pick her up at the station, as planned. And what a welcome! Out of a big black luxury car came a man in a suit who came to open the back door and help an old man out. And despite the aging, (Y/N) recognized this old man immediately and it was like an explosion of joy in her chest.

"Joseph Joestar. It's crazy how old you look now", she joked.

"Haha, I see that you haven't lost your insolence, my little (Y/N)."

She didn't wait a single second to hug him, and he laughed, hugging her as best he could. Clearly, she didn't blame him at all for leaving her without news all this time, she was far too happy to see him again. The driver took (Y/N)'s luggage to put in the car while she was chatting with the old man.

"You didn't need to come here, Joseph. I would have found the way myself.

- Maybe, but you're my special guest. I had to escort you.

- Oh I see. I'm VIP, it's true."

The driver opened the door for her and she got into the car, Joseph following her. She noticed without much astonishment that he was listening to Elvis Presley inside, and she sighed, remembering a few memories. Over his small glasses, the old man was examining her, a smile on his lips, while the car started again.

"You know (Y/N), I can't see clearly anymore. But if there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that you've changed a lot.

- I already have wrinkles, right?" she joked.

"Ha, no, of course not. But you seem to be... tougher.

- Cold, you can say it.

- I would say more... Withdrawn.

- I know. It's my job that requires that. And then after all, I'm not 16 anymore.

- It's true. You are a lovely young lady now.

- Ha, charmer. You're not bad either, Joseph."

She couldn't stop joking, she was so happy to see him again. She already felt a bit at home. After a few minutes of travel, the car stopped in front of a large hotel. Surely where she would have to sleep. Outside, a group of people seemed to be waiting for their arrival. The driver opened the door and Joseph got out first. And (Y/N) was also about to come out. Except that she heard a voice she knew only too well, which immediately stopped her.

"Took you a long time, Grandpa."

Her heart started pounding in her chest, like a schoolgirl. She wasn't sure she wanted to go out anymore.

"Ha, sorry Jotaro. We talked a lot at the station, that must be why.

- Is it a man or a woman?" the voice of a boy that (Y/N) didn't remember knowing asked.

"Be a little patient Okuyasu!" another boy exclaimed.

No, she couldn't back down. Clearly, she was eagerly awaited. So with a quick glance in the rearview mirror, she checked that her appearance was perfect, before putting on her sunglasses. She took a deep breath. And she stepped out of the car. Immediately, she felt all eyes on her, but she kept her expression closed. She was used to being the center of attention after all, from living among men. But there was an icy stare that she was feeling more than the others. And this one in particular, she ignored it to proudly keep her head held high. One of the boys let out a "woooow" and was elbowed in the ribs by his friend. She approached the group, the sound of her heels echoing on the cobblestones, and removed her glasses gracefully when she reached their level. She immediately sought Joseph's gaze to cheer herself up, and she noticed with amusement that he was wearing a very proud smile.