The Fourth Date

Hinata came back from her trip to Kumo with the plants she'd desperately searched for. The beautiful orchids that could only be found in that part of the world were now waiting for her at her school and she was excited to work with the blossoms for her next creation.

However, she had no time to concentrate on work because preparations for the Rinnegan Gala soon intruded. With Hanabi's help, they managed to find a dress from a reliable source who knew Hinata's understated and simple taste.

The dress was everything Hinata adored, from the simple cut to the elegant style. It was a lacy, long-sleeved, midnight blue, floor-length evening gown that Hanabi had almost said no to.

"Nee-chan, it's beautiful and all, but where is the sexy?!" Hanabi had complained when her sister had tried it on.

Hinata had then turned around, smoothing over the fabric of the A-line skirt that flowed from her waist, to show her sister the backless part of the dress, exposing the creamy skin that started from her shoulder blades and ended a few inches from the top curve of her butt.

"Oh!"

And Hinata had to smile, remembering her sister's reaction, because Naruto was here to pick her up and his reaction was almost as comical.

As soon as he walked into their home and saw her, he clutched at his heart, took a few steps back, stumbling, pretending to faint. "God, Hinata, I'm so blinded by your beauty."

She laughed at his antics.

But she was nervous for tonight.

She placed a hand on his arm, not knowing how to respond to his compliment because he looked incredibly sexy in that formal tux. The black and white suit contrasted with his blond hair and blue eyes, emphasized his stature and boldly proclaimed his masculinity.

Her dress meanwhile, was understated and stylish, but upon closer inspection, he could see her silky skin through the lace.

When his hand came to rest at the small of her back, his eyes widened when he felt her skin directly at his fingertips, the absence of fabric surprising him. He couldn't resist the small caress he gave her.

She squeaked in surprise.

He smiled at her. "You look gorgeous, Hinata. This dress is absolutely beautiful, but honestly, I'm looking forward more to undressing you slowly when this event is over."

She blushed in response and he glanced quickly behind her to check something.

"I knew it!" he crowed triumphantly. Then he leaned down to her ear and said, "When you blushed just now, the skin on your back matched that same shade of pink on your face."

"Naruto!" she said with a flustered laugh.

But he only teasingly caressed her bare flesh again, making Hinata glad she'd chosen this dress.

And he kept his hand pressed to her lower back the entire time at the Gala. From the opening ceremony when he, as Hokage, gave the speech to start the evening and throughout the entire time they stood greeting the guests who filtered down the steps to the ballroom of this fancy hotel.

He stood reassuringly by her side even as she endured the stares that people aimed at her. Some were friendly, some were cold and dismissive. But mostly, they were all curious to finally see this woman Naruto had gushingly announced as his date for the ball on television.

But nobody could fault the elegance and polish of her address, the gracious way she greeted and talked to everyone.

Somehow, everyone sensed she was the perfect hostess for Konoha's Hokage, who wouldn't stop beaming at her with pride.