𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐇𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐒𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞

Roni leaned back in her seat as the helicopter lurched down into the canyon. She squeezed her eyes closed. Normally, she considered herself fearless, but as she looked at the single line left on her wrist, she realized she wasn't ready to die just yet.

"What's wrong?" Bethany asked as several buttons and alarms blared.

Alex pulled back on the joystick, but it refused to move. "Something's broken!"

"What?" Spencer, Roni, and Matt questioned.

"What do you mean?" Martha asked at the same time.

"Hang on!" Alex hollered.

We're about to die!" Fridge screamed. "We're about to die!"

"It won't go up!" Alex shouted.

"What?" Roni's eyes shot open. "What do you mean?"

"The collective is busted," Alex explained, "It controls the plate up there, which tilts the rotors and controls the pitch. It's how we go up and down."

As Alex started to regain control over the chopper, the drums started to beat. The sound echoed through the canyon walls.

"I hate this stupid game!" Roni shouted and the others looked at her incredulous. "Look, this is stressful, I'm allowed to be emotional!"

Fridge slowly turned to check his shoulder at the sound of stamping and bellowing. "Albino rhinos! They're indigenous to Jumanji. They're huge, white, scary, and stupid and they eat people."

"No," Bethany whimpered.

"They're getting close!" Spencer warned them.

"My stomach's starting to bother me a little bit." Fridge started to look pale.

"Go up!" Martha demanded.

"I can't go up!" Alex shouted back.

"I think I had too many margaritas."

"You think?" Roni asked although her tone wasn't as venomous as it usually was.

"You guys, what are we gonna do?" Bethany asked.

"I'll fix the helicopter," Spencer suggested, "Tell me what to do."

"What?" Matt's eyes widened, "That's like asking to die!"

"You gotta connect the flight-control rod to the mesh plate under the rotors," Alex instructed."

"Flight-control rod, mesh plate, under the rotors," Spencer repeated. "I'll be right back."

"Spencer, where are you going?" Martha asked panicked. "Be careful!"

"No, no, just hurry up!" Fridge shouted.

"If he hurries, he's going to end up without a head," Matt retorted.

Before Spencer could fix the flight-control rod, several rhinos rammed up against the sides of the chopper. Those inside shrieked and screamed.

"Spencer!" Martha called out to him.

"Speed it up, Alex!" Fridge instructed.

"Spencer!" Martha warned him of the upcoming, dead-end, "Hurry! Come on, fix it!"

"Running out of time, Spencer!" Alex shouted.

"Fix it, please!" Martha pleaded.

"Got it!" Spencer shouted and Alex pulled back on the joystick.

Gradually, the helicopter rose in the air and narrowly missed the edge of the canyon wall. Immediately, the group began to cheer and applaud one another. That is until the moment was ruined.