Chapter 7

2 years later:

I drive my car out of the now destroyed wall with the rest of the team. We've just stolen an EMP from a Berlin facility and are escaping with it. "You were only supposed to create a diversion Roman" Letty says as we drive past multiple burning buildings. "That was a diversion" Roman responds. "How many of the damn explosives did you use?" Tej asks and I hear a very uncertain Roman say "I don't know Tej, all of it". No wonder these Germans are so mad at us, we've blown up their facility and stole their EMP. "Roman, jesus christ" Hobbs responds. "We've got more of your fan club up ahead" I quickly point out to everyone.

Dom takes a quick left and we all follow him and the Germans follow us. "They're still on us" Tej highlights before the Germans start firing at us. "These guys are taking this personal" Roman says. "Roman, we just blew up their facility and stole their EMP. Other than their doctor's cold finger, I'd say it's about as personal as it gets" Hobbs responds and I chuckle slightly. "Phase 2" Dom orders and Roman begins panicking about what phase 2 is. Tej reminds Roman of his experience with driving out of the plane when we saved Ramsey and Roman insists that his engine seized up. "It's your balls that seized up" Letty quips and I laugh at them. This is a conversation we've had too many times and Roman never admits that he was scared. "Tej, drop it" Dom orders and Tej releases a wrecking ball and it comes straight towards us. "Split now" Dom orders us again and I swerve my car to the left to avoid it. The wrecking ball swings right past us and into the German vehicles following us and destroying them. "Great plan Tej. But just so you know, you missed some" Roman tells Tej. "Oh just wait for it" Tej replies calmly. I look in my rear-view mirror to see the wrecking ball swinging back towards us and it takes out the remaining German vehicles from behind, without them having any idea what was coming. "Great job team. Let's break off and meet at the safe house" Hobbs tells us and we all take an exit while Dom and Hobbs take a different one.

We exit the facility successfully before I hear Hobbs tell us "That some bitch just crossed us". Letty is quick to question Hobbs. "Dom took the EMP" he responds and Tej calls 'bullshit'. I remain calm and ask Hobbs "Where are you?", ready to go get him before the police show up. "It's too late for me, get out of here. I saw that look in his eye, I've seen that look before. Dominic Toretto just went rogue" he replies before we hear nothing from him again. It's hard to believe that Dom has betrayed us. We're a team. We're family. There must be some explanation.

Once we've all gathered in our safe house Tej starts looking into Dom. He finds a bunch of encrypted phone calls with someone. He says they aren't to a burner phone but to someone who continuously scrambles the signal so we can't track them. Dom is talking to someone who is highly above our paygrade, which doesn't make me feel any better. Ramsey suggests that we consider what Hobbs told us, Dom has gone rogue. Letty storms up to her and says "Before you judge the man, remember that you're breathing right now because he saved your life" and walks past her, bumping her shoulder a little aggressively.

A couple hours later we're being held in a conference room in handcuffs. Mr Nobody enters and greets us before stopping when he sees our handcuffs. "Handcuffs? What is this?" he asks in disbelief and confusion. "It's called abuse of power" Roman responds, clearly unhappy with the situation. "You told me to round them up" Mr Nobody's agent answers and Nobody sighs in defeat. "I didn't tell you to handcuff them. Cut 'em loose" he says and the agent removes Tej, Roman and Ramsey's cuffs while Letty and I undo our own and remove them ourselves. "This is embarrassing, I'm sorry guys" Nobody adds. Hobbs sits across from me and I ask him if he's ok while Letty and Roman start talking to Mr Nobody. Hobbs nods his head but doesn't remove his gaze from me and I look at him questionably. He removes his gaze when Roman starts to leave the room. "I wouldn't do that" the agent suggests. "Well, thanks to your botched Berlin job, you all made Interpol's top 10 most wanted list" Nobody informs us and Roman starts nodding his head happily. "Top 10? That's not bad" he responds with a devilish grin. "Well not you Roman, you just missed the cut. You're number 11" Nobody answers and I hide the smile forming on my face at Roman's utterly disappointed face. "That's impossible. What number did they come in at?" he asks and Nobody's agents looks at us before naming our numbers. Hobbs, 6. Me, 7. Letty, 8. Tej, 9. Ramsey, 10. "She's 10?" Roman asks while pointing at Ramsey and Mr Nobody nods. "Nah, there's no way she's a 10" Roman responds and Tej uses this to flirt with Ramsey but she only rolls her eyes at him.

Mr Nobody quickly changes the conversation to the topic we're all here for. "We're awaiting hard confirmation but I believe that is the cyber-terrorist known as Cipher" he explains as a photo appears on the screen of a woman with short hair in sunglasses. Ramsey quickly argues that Cipher is an organisation not a person but Nobody's agent quickly adds that their resources say otherwise. Ramsey explains to the rest of us that Cipher can hack into anything and manipulate world organisation and Nobody's agent explains that Cipher will never be linked to any of it. "So basically, she's the bogey man?" Tej jokes. "Well she's the hottest bogey man I've ever seen. I mean, if you know her tell her to get at your boy" Roman says confidently and I roll my eyes at him. Nobody's agent kicks him in the shin and they start arguing. "What does any of this have to do with us?" Letty asks impatiently while slamming her hands against the table. "Probably nothing Letty. But I do find it interesting that apparently, for some reason, she is now working with this guy" Mr Nobody responds and pulls up a picture of Dom on the screen. We all instantly become speechless and Hobbs shrugs when Letty look at him for confirmation.

"He's already delivered a fully functioning EMP into her hands, detonate that and they can turn any city on the planet into a war zone" Nobody's agent tells us. "So what are you suggesting we do?" Tej asks while I remain silent and try to rationalise all this information. I think of any reason that Dom would be doing this, but my mind is blank. Why is he doing this? Mr Nobody tells us we need to catch Dom and find out why he's turned against us. "So you want us to track Dom?" I ask in disbelief. "Ye I know Becca, it's kind of a big job" Nobody replies. "It's impossible" Roman responds as he looks at Nobody confused. How does he expect us to find Dom? "Which is why I'm bringing in an extra pair of hands" Nobody says and unlocks the conference room door. We all look to see Deck walk through the door and I can't help the small smile that finds its way to my lips.

Hobbs quickly stands from his chair, "Oh my day just a whole hell of a lot better" he says while everyone else quickly stands and faces Deck. I remain relaxed because I know Deck can defend himself and I know he won't do anything to me. "Mr Nobody you wanna tell me why you just put me in a room with this tea and crumpets eating criminal some bitch" Hobbs questions aggressively without taking his eyes off Deck. "That's a big mouth on a small head, coming from prisoner 6753" Deck responds without flinching at Hobbs' death stare. "Don't think we've forgotten everything that you've done" Letty says to Deck and he just stares back at her. "We are not teaming up with this guy" Tej practically yells. "Let's get one thing clear. I ain't on your team. I don't care about you, your crew or your little family. I'm here for Cipher" Deck answers Tej quickly while looking around at everyone except me, excluding me from his little rant and threat. "What are you gonna do? Apply for a job? Head asshole?" Hobbs asks smartly. "You don't think that tight t-shirt is cutting off the circulation to your brain? You should get a bigger size" Deck responds and I roll my eyes at them teasing each other. "Cipher came to me first" he adds, clearly getting frustrated and I furrow my brows at him in confusion and shock. "She wanted me to steal nightshade for her and when I said no, she went after my brother" Deck explains and I look down at the thought of what happened to Owen.

Mr Nobody quickly stands between Hobbs and Deck as they start to get in each others faces and I stand from my chair to separate them myself, if I have to. The more Deck tells us about Cipher hurting Owen, the more I want to take this bitch down. Mr Nobody lectures them about getting along and helping him find Dom and they both calm down a little and stand in silence. Their silence is assumed to be an agreement to at least tolerate each other. Roman suggests using God's Eye and is incredibly confident in his idea before we all leave the conference room to allow Ramsey and Tej to use God's Eye to find Dom.