6. painted nails

"Come on" Niall says, holding up a black wig "Willy Wonka"

"It looks right out of cheap porn" Luke says, tilting his head while Niall puts the wig on anyway.

Niall shakes his head as he moves towards the mirror. Luke and Louis stand behind him on both of his sides. They make eye contact through the mirror and Luke wordlessly shakes his head, causing Louis to snort out a laugh.

"It's a masterpiece" Niall says, spreading out his arms.

"Yes" Louis nods, "A master-piece of shit"

Luke laughs out loud and leaves their position at the mirror to walk over to the other clothing racks, filled with costumes to the point that there are no hangers left so they are just draped over the racks.

They're at a shop for costumes at the mall in the small village next to the school, looking for their outfits for Ashton's party, which will take place tomorrow evening.

Ashton has had a very busy few days, setting up the basement room, where all the secret parties are held because the strict teachers don't know about it and the cool ones don't care. It might have been weird that Louis went with Luke and Niall, since out of his group of friends, he spends the least time with the two, but the vibes are good so far and Louis has shared a few stomach clutching laughs with them.

"Still sexier than you" Niall says, eyeing Louis' outfit.

"Shut up"

"You shut up"

"That is a very mature comeback, Niall, when was the last time you used it? Primary school?"

Niall laughs, pointing at the costume Louis tried on through the mirror. "I mean, Jack Sparrow? Be original"

"Captain Jack Sparrow" Louis and Luke hiss in sync and Niall laughs again, holding his hands up in surrender.

"Got it" Luke finally yells, interrupting Louis' and Niall's friendly banter. He holds up a black coat, not overly expensive looking, but good enough for the purpose. Luke wanted to go here to find the last piece for Ashton's costume, Sherlock.

He decided to go all beige and be Ashton's Watson because he didn't have the energy to go full on costume and "Every Sherlock needs his Watson".

Niall and Louis still do not have an idea what they wanted to go as so they decided to come with him and see if they might find something.

Niall apparently did, even though he doesn't look like Willy Wonka at all but Niall doesn't care about that.

"Unsuccessful?" Luke asks, coming up next to Louis where he looks through some Mary Poppins costumes.

He just sighs and nods, so Luke suggests to hop into another shop in the mall and maybe find something hot that is more about being handsome and not being dressed up for halloween.

Because he doesn't know what else to do, Louis nods again and Luke informs Niall that they will be hopping into another store. The boy just nods, saying he'll stay and find the perfect costume for himself, and that they'll see each other back at school.

Right as they exit the costume shop and Luke suggests to get something to drink from the cafe downstairs, Louis' phone rings. He pulls it out of his pocket and checks the ID, reading 'paynoooo'.

"Wassuuuuup" he answers.

"Why are you trying to sound American?" Liam answers and Luke snickers next to Louis.

"Because I'm engulfing the spirit" Louis shoots back. "What's the reason for your ring, bro?"

He hears Liam sigh over the line and imagines him rubbing his temples right now. "Where are you and where is Ashton?"