2. Ben and Jerry

"I'm gonna get some snacks" Zayn announces, getting up from his seat and sliding the compartment door open. "Want anything?" He directs his gaze towards Louis specifically, one eyebrow quirking up. "Tea?"

"Yes please" Louis smiles, feet planted on Ashton's thighs. "No sugar and a bit-"

"I'm not fucking Starbucks"

Louis shuts his mouth and nods, understanding but Zayn already closed the door again. Louis laughs at him and looks out of the window since Liam is reading some magazine and Ashton is watching a Netflix show he downloaded on his phone for the train ride.

They're going to start their last year today, just reunited on the train a few hours ago which involved a lot of shouting and people around them stopped to look at them.

He hasn't seen Harry so far, but he caught a glimpse of Niall and Nick somewhere. Harry was no where to be seen and both of the other boys seemed to be waiting for him, not talking to each other but both on their phones.

There are a few things that happened in the years since Louis met these guys.

First and most important, Zayn, Ashton and Liam are his best friends and he does close to nothing without them, nowadays. They have gotten into incredibly much trouble in their first year, just like Mrs Wilson said they shouldn't. That's how the four of them have built up some sort of pranksters reputation within the first months already and most people try to stay on their nice side, because it makes life and education easier.

If you ever snitch on or insult the guys of room 28, you fucked up.

Which leads Louis to the next change.

Nick Grimshit.

A pain in the ass.

After snitching on them right the first day, they started some kind of war which is actually mostly one sided since Nick doesn't have friends like them that are okay with breaking some rules. Well, Niall doesn't care but he's not that close with Nick, that is just Harry.

Harry is Nick's only friend and Louis has no idea why he's friends with him in the first place. He could do so much better, not only as a friend because while Harry is only friends with him, Nick is very obviously and pathetically in love with Harry.

Which leads Louis to the next topic he would like to address.

Harry.

And their love. Their both-sided, mutual, hot, tension filled love.

As in, Louis has asked Harry out almost every day and Harry rejected every time. At first, he did so politely, sometimes even trying to find reasons why he doesn't have time for Louis, but after some time it started to be just a simple "no" every single time.

Of course, to build up the tension. To make it less boring. It would be boring if he just agreed.

Louis is convinced sooner or later he will agree and it will be fire, in a good way. He is so creative with the pickup lines and some day when they celebrate Christmas with their families together, Harry will tell him how impressed he was each time.

And the last thing is that Louis and Ashton made it into the footie team almost immediately after the start of the school year and now Louis is captain, got the message a few days before he and Zayn headed to the station.

Playing footie, pulling pranks with his best friends, annoying Nick and of course respectfully (sometimes verbally) admiring Harry are his favourite activities.

All in all, it has been some really good years and Louis is very looking forward to next one, the one they're just on the way into, because now they're not first years anymore and people will take them more seriously. Maybe they can finally make their names something that will stay, such as some kind of legends in the halls of the school, told by whispers and rumours that get crazier every day, even when they left school long ago. That's exactly what Louis wants.