Author's note

I was introduced to Encanto by one of my good friends. I wanted to learn more about the character Bruno and I immediately fell in love. I have an appreciation and love for male characters that are outsiders, quirky, with a complex backstory that are written well. (AKA every Johnny Depp character ever)

I connected with Bruno's feeling of him being the black sheep of the family. I'm the only adopted child in my family. I am also an only child who only had older cousins so I never knew how to act like a kid and maybe that's why I didn't relate to other kids my age.  And I felt like such a stick-in-the-mud during Middle School. (But to be honest my classmates were into the dumbest trends)

While I was fangirling over Lady Gaga, everyone thought she was a freak and loved Taylor Swift and Halsey. Back then, I thought those two artists were the most angsty plain Janes. I loved designer labels and eight inch heels while they loved jean jackets and vans. And for me, I felt like I was a Louboutin pump in a Forever 21 store.

And then one day I said. "Screw it. Y'all are basic and I shouldn't waste my time trying to impress you." And while I didn't hide in my home's walls for ten years, I did sit alone writing any idea that came to my mind. As a lover of the Performing Arts and movies in general  I becane enthralled with writing screenplays. And personally, I believe the greatest screenplay I have ever written was Sister Mary Kathrine.  

I based the character of Reina off of my personality. Bold, fearless but also a huge basket case and hopeless romantic. I thought people would not relate to Reina since most main characters in these kind of stories are soft-spoken, shy and docile. Well I couldn't write a character like that ever and I took a chance with Reina. And I believe it has paid off well. We need more confident, say it like it is, calling the shots kind of female main character in stories on this app.

All girls deserve to feel like Queens. And I really hope that you have felt that through Reina. 

I never wanted Reina and Bruno's relationship to be perfect. Just like the Madrigal family, I wanted them to fall apart and come back together stronger then ever before. And I believe that I did that and I am proud of myself.

I thank all of you who have read the story and added the story into your bookmarks. You don't know how happy that makes me. Thank you so much for the comments. Honestly that's all I can say. Thank you so damn much

God bless you beautiful bitches,

Miss Queen