La Familia Rodriguez

I walked into my sister's room and there I saw them. Their hair tied up in bows and wearing little red dresses. All ready for their birthday

"How are my little sister's doing?" As soon as they heard me, they ran up and huged me. I picked them both up and sat down on their bed. "I'm so excited for tonight!" Sara said with a large smile on her face. "I really hope I get the same gift as you Reina." 

Sara was my favorite sister. She always tries to be just like me. I sometimes catch her in my closet trying and failing to walk in my heels, looking for the hiding place of my makeup, being the first one to jump in when I heat up the hot springs, and one time, I had to stop her from jumping into my lava pool. She is the best copycat I could ever have.  

Mariana is in love with music. When she was born, her cries almost sounded like a harmony. I always tell her she could she sing before she could speak. The girls in her school always ask her for singing lessons and she loves every minute of it. I made her a glass replica of a cello on her third birthday. She thanks me almost everyday for it.

 "Me too! I can't wait to see everyone!" Exclaimed Mariana. "And I bet you can't wait to see the one."

"Don't you start Mariana." I warned her. "But why can't you tell him? Sara said. "You're so confident around everyone but so shy with him. Why? Sister, you're the most beautiful and talented women in the Encanto!"

"I bet Bruno loves you more than you do!" Mariana said with encouragement. "I bet at night, he says your name in his sleep, just like you do! " 

"I do not!" In reality I did though. Was I that loud that my sister's could hear me across the hall? God dammit.

"Do too!" They taunted. Before I could start an argument Mama burst into the room. "Girls! Stop quarreling. Everyone is here. It's time." She said with urgency in her voice

The girls jumped off of the bed and we all walked to the hallway. Three doors were glowing. The anticipation of what was going to happen overtook me. I was so excited for my younger siblings. I looked into the crowd and I saw Bruno with his sisters, giving me his classic cute smile and a small wave which I returned.

My Mama began her speech "We are so thankful for you all for coming to this joyous event. Many years ago, this candle saved our lives and blessed us with this beautiful Encanto. I swore to my husband that we would make the best out of this beautiful miracle. Now, it is time for my children, Mariana, Sara, and Alejandro to receive thier gifts." 

My siblings faced their doors and put their hands on the knobs. I could see the nervousness and excitement on their faces as each of their door knobs glowed and immediately created a design for each of their gifts.

When Mariana opened her mouth, it was a high pitched Harmony. So high-pitched that it broke almost half of the glasses. 

For Sara, when she turned around and raised her lifted her arms, all of the water from the house started to circle around her and then she started forming it to her will. I guess she had an elemental power like me but the opposite I was worried that it would upset her but she had the biggest smile on her face well she was maneuvering us water.

And with Alejandro, he turned and said "I can hear what everyone's thinking." 

"You can? Alejandro, what am I thinking of now?" Asked Sara. Without hesitation, Alejandro answered her. "What your new new room is going to look like." She grasped. "Yes! You're right!" She said. Good God. He can read minds. He's going to expose all my secrets now. 

"We have three new gifts!" Announced Mama. At that, everyone cheered. I was honestly just so happy for my siblings. Now it was time for the fun part. The bedrooms 

"Who wants to open thier door first?" I asked. Sara raised her arm up and started jumping up and down "I do! I do!" 

"Go on then little sister." Sara turned the knob and opened the door.  The room is started to form around her.  And it was absolutely beautiful flowing waterfall and river. I felt like I was in the Amazon.

 I felt like I was in the Amazon

"This place is beautiful. I love it so much!" Mama placed her hand on Sara's shoulder. "And it's all yours Sara."

"Yay!" Sarah started running around her earthly utopia. It was the cutest thing. "We're going to my room next!" Alejandro yelled.

Once we all left Sara's room, Alejandro burst through his door and when we all came in, it was this enormous library. Stone steps,  tall ladders and even a little typewriter and office desk 

Alejandro seemed confused. "Why the huge library? All the books are empty."

"I guess you can write down all of the thoughts you hear

"I guess you can write down all of the thoughts you hear." I told him.

"That's a great idea! Reina, I'm going to write down a book of all the things you think about Bruno. Then you can give it to him on his birthday and then you'll fall in love and-"

I stopped him right then and there. "Just to let you know Alejandro, wood is a very flammable substance." 

"Okay, I won't do it ma'am." He said with a glimpse of intimidation in his eyes. "By the way he's right behind you but doesn't want to interrupt us and he thinks that your dress is very beautiful."

I turned around and there he was, now a blushing mess since Alejandro exposed him. I decided to tease him a little bit. "You really think my dress is beautiful?" I asked with a smirk.

"Y-yes. It really is Reina." 

"Well aren't you a sweetheart?" I put my arm around him and pulled him closer to me.

Alejandro looked at me. "Reina, Mariana is on her way from her room. She, she wants you and Bruno to-" Before Alejandro finished his sentence  Mariana rushed in between us and grabbed our hands.

"You two have to come to my room right now!"

"Why?" I asked. "I'll show you, come on!" Mariana then dragged Bruno and I out of all the Alejandro's room and into hers. A beautiful, giant Music Hall where she could practice her singing all day. But why we were here I hope Mariana has a good excuse

 But why we were here I hope Mariana has a good excuse