No Longer Sitting Back and Watching

"Going for good?" Liv asked as she entered the empty bar to confront the Irish woman

"I heard there was trouble?" Grace replied thinking her secret was still safe amongst herself. 

"Instinct is a funny thing." Olivia commented deciding not to wait any longer to out the woman standing in front of her. "See, I had a feeling about you from the first day you entered this bar." 

Grace interrupted her quickly. Not to just hurry and leave but not wanting to stand and listen to accusations. "Look, the fighting is about to begin. We should get out of here." 

"We know who you are." Olivia stated not allowing Grace to change the subject and brush this discussion aside. "Tommy knows as well. Turns out that copper as good as told him this morning. But I wanted to hear it from your own lips." 

But the Irish blonde was beginning to see where this conversation was going. Not only was she discovered as a narc, but she was also facing the wife of the man she fell in love with.  She had to get out of that situation quick. 

"I am an agent of the crown. I have the power to arrest and the right to use force so please, step out of my way." Grace pulled out a gun and pointed it at Olivia. 

But the woman didn't falter with the barrel of the gun staring her down. "Like I say, instinct is a funny thing. You fell for Tommy for real, didn't you?" 

"This gun is loaded." The Irish woman tried to dodge the question knowing that Liv already knew the answer. 

"I'm not afraid of you. I feel sorry for you. Slip of a thing. You thought you'd come in here and stitch us all up. We've had some coppers narcs in here, but you, you're the queen of them all. So, who are you? Rich girl, I'd guess? Unionist. Ulster volunteer. You thought Fenians, communists, low people, they're all the same. Scum. Then you met Tommy." Olivia began to state knowing that each word was getting to the woman as Grace began to lower the gun. 

Only Grace didn't want to be seen as weak. She was an agent and she wasn't going to be bad mouthed so easily. So, she moved to place the gun on the bar and began to roll up her sleeves. 

"I'll fight you with my fists and show you how a rich girl fights. I'm from a tough family too." Grace stared the woman down, but her statement only made Liv huff out a laugh before she took a step forward. 

"No. We women have more sense. Besides you don't want to see me in a fight. No matter how tough your family is. You wouldn't last with me. So, why don't you just pour us a drink." Liv told her before going to take a seat at the table beside her. 

Grace let out a breath that didn't pass Liv's attention as she smirked watching Grace turn and head to the bar. The Irish brought two glasses and a bottle of whiskey before pouring them both a drink. 

"So, am I right? Did you fall for Tommy?" Liv asked knowing the answer but wanting to hear her confirm her suspicions. 

"Yes." Grace confirmed not holding Liv's gaze as she glanced at the liquor in front of her.