11

I'LL BE THE GREATEST FAN OF YOUR LIFE

━━━━━━━━━━━━

                 He was alone today, and surely those past few days were not a waste – Lee Heeseung had been practicing just like he promised, he would try his best to wake up as early as possible so that he would be the first to arrive at the ice rink, doing his stretches and warm-ups before his coach would arrive. Sunghoon insisted that they should come together – so that he will be there watching but Heeseung had his ulterior reasons not to, trying to convince his coach that it was okay, Sunghoon has his doubts at first but then he just agreed, which relief, he wanted to surprise him.

As the rookie skater was done he waited for him to arrive, sitting down and watching the empty ice rink – reminiscing, he remembers a time when he would visit here and would just watch by the window since he didn't have any ice skates, he would watch kids, grown-ups, even couples skidding on thick ice laughing and smiling some even trying to dance and now that he was here just for four months till it's over it felt kind of gloomy, does it have to be only four months?

"Aren't you going to practice?" said a voice, he cranes his head and his eyes met the old man that guarded the place while it was still on rent, still though. "Oh, I'm just relaxing – I did my warm-ups and stretches, and a few flips." Heeseung chuckled, as he scooted aside for the old man to sit.

"Sad isn't it?" the old man said while sitting down next to him. "Before you decided to rent this place this could have been demolished right about now, it has been on sale for almost a year." he chuckled. "Good times, been working here for 15 years. . . It's good to see you and young Park Sunghoon having to spend time here even if it's only four months. . ." his eyes smiled, and at the same time a glint of sadness could be seen – Heeseung tried to comfort him with his smile to lessen the sad tempo between the two.

"So, Coach Sunghoon grew up here huh?"

"Hmmm. . ." the old man replied. "The ice rink was like a home to him, I watched him grow to the elite figure skater that he deserves to be, truly a passionate young one. . . I have lived enough to see that now; he's training you. It's a beautiful sight."

Heeseung elicits a chuckle, having to think about it made it like he seemed special but he was not. "I always wanted to come here, I would watch by that window to see people doing this and then visit myself at the nearest internet café to watch how they do it, I don't have ice skates back then, but, there's a lake near where I live and even without those gears I would do it by myself gliding alone on that thick ice, my parents saw and they bought me a pair of ice skates, we couldn't afford to be here nor even have a trainer for me to start and that was 5years ago. I still feel like this is a dream."

And he still does, every day when he wakes up, he would check if the shoes were real, the ring was real, was Park Sunghoon real. He had to remind himself that it was all real.