Chapter 13: Murderer, Shinichi Kudo!

Kaiya POV

"Is he one of your classmates?" Shuichi asked me when we saw a teenage boy outside our door. He wore a cap so we didn't get a glimpse of his face.

"No, I don't think so." I shook my head. "I wonder what he wants."

*******

(the next day)

"What's this? A letter addressed to Shinichi?" I looked at a curious envelope when I was retrieving mail from the mailbox. I should bring it to Shinichi.

*******

Buzz buzz. Hmm that's odd. Is no one home at the detective agency?

"Are ya here for Detective Mori?" someone with a thick Osaka accent called behind me.

"No, I'm actually here to see Ran-chan. I'm her friend Kaiya Matsuki." I introduced myself.

"Eh?! That Kaiya that Kudo told me about?" Heiji exclaimed. "I'm Heiji Hattori, the Great Detective of the West!" he said boastfully.

I sweatdropped. "Nice to meet you. Anyways I found this envelope addressed to Kudo-kun." I showed Heiji the envelope.

"It can't be! I got one addressed to Kudo as well." Heiji exclaimed.

"Heiji! Why did ya run off like that?" A girl ran up to us. It was Kazuha! "Heiji! Whatcha think you are doing with that girl? Who is she?!" Kazuha demanded.

"What do ya mean another girl? This is Kaiya, Ran's friend ya know." Heiji told her.

"Oh you're the Kaiya that Ran-chan told me about!" she said in realization. I'm Kazuha." I nodded in acknowledgement.

"It doesn't seem like they are home yet." we peered through the windows.

"Maybe we should have given them a heads up?" Kazuha wondered.

"What are you guys doing here?" Ran appeared with Conan and Kogoro. "Sorry we weren't here earlier, Conan-kun wasn't feeling well, so we took him to the doctor." Conan was wearing a mask and looked quite pale.

*******

"It seems that this person, Okuda Makoto-san, believes that there was a mistake in Shinichi-niisan's deductions from a case a year ago." Conan explained.

"And they reinvestigated the case and wanted us to meet and discuss it." Heiji said.

"Then shouldn't we leave now?" Ran asked. "Didn't you say the letter told us to meet them tomorrow?"

"I'll get the van!" Kogoro said and hurried away.

********

"Kudo-kun should you really be going? You still have a cold." I told him as I helped him pack for the trip.

"I have to go." he insisted. "I can't figure out what's wrong with my deduction. Besides, Hakase gave me some cold medicine." Sigh, he was so stubborn.

"Here you dropped it." I handed him the letter. But for whatever reason, he quickly snatched it out of my hands. Was he hiding something?

"Kudo-kun? Is there something wrong?" I asked.

"Ah no it's nothing." Conan coughed.

*********

"Hakase, have you seen the prototype that Ai-chan and I were working on?" I asked. Haibara allowed me to help her in her research sometimes, since I had some knowledge in biochemistry.

"Oh was it in here?" Agasa pulled out a blue box. "I thought it was cold medicine and gave some to Shinichi."

"That's not cold medicine! That's the antidote!" Haibara exclaimed.