1

『once upon a time

『once upon a time...』

     SHE WAS JUST THIRTEEN when she had met them. well, more like found them stranded with a sketchy man on the side of the muddy road.

it was supposed to be just another outside excursion of japana yuriko's, the first daughter of the king (chimon) and queen (danuja).

however, whilst sitting comfortably in her custom made carriage, the young princess had glanced outside the window, witnessing the gray clouds that brooded over the region.

"oh dear, look at the skies! we must get back to the palace quickly", the maid that was accompanying yuriko stressed.

the dark-haired princess mindlessly hummed, as she had then demanded to halt the carriage.

"your highness, what are you—"

opening the door herself and jumping out with a cloak shielding her, yuriko trudged through the soggy ground and towards the homeless man on the side of the road.

     "well hello there, young lady! interested in these fellas?", the scabby old man greeted.

     "good afternoon sir", yuriko replied out of politeness, examining the two scrawny boys who wore tattered clothing and had long grown accustomed the to chilling breeze.

     one had long hair that had knotted due to the wind, and the other possessed an outstanding pair of eyes that shined like crystals — like diamonds in the rough.

     "this one's got some pretty eyes, aye? and the other's quite the stubborn one when it comes to putting up a fight", he informed.

     yuriko kneeled down a little, careful not to ruin the dress her father had gifted her. she stared at their lifeless faces, as they gave her no reaction at all.

     "what are they?", the first princess mumbled out.

     "fairies! ya know, the good kind".

     in every world, there is the good and the bad. and this world isn't an exception.

     most cannot tell, however upon meeting a fairy, you'd immediately sense the playful and kind aura surrounding them. with faeries, one would be able to feel the horrid, mischievous attitude emitting from them.

"how much for them?", yuriko questioned.

glancing up and down at the royal, the old man bargained for five gold coins each.