Chapter 2

"Again." 

With a low groan, Aurora pushed herself back to her feet. She grabbed her Bo Staff off the floor and readied it. 

Dick sat on the sidelines as he watched Aurora and Bruce go head-to-head with each other. It gave him an uneasy feeling. He didn't like the idea of a fourteen-year-old fighting a well-experienced fighter. 

Aurora swung first only for her staff to be met with Bruce's defensive strike. He then charged forward. He spun his staff in a well-trained manner that hit Aurora in her shin. 

The sound of wood slapping against bare skin sounded in the cave. Dick stood up instantly as he saw Aurora hiss in pain as she wobbled on her legs. He saw the bruises forming on her legs. He had tried to get her to wear leggings instead of shorts but she said she wanted to wear the shorts.

As Aurora focused on the pain she didn't see the staff coming to smack her directly across her face. She fell to the ground once again. 

"Bruce!" Dick moved to get to Aurora's side but Alfred held him back. 

Alfred shook his head when he was met with Dick's angered eyes. "If you intervene you will only be proving Master Wayne's point." 

"He doesn't have to treat her like a goddamn punching bag. She's a kid." Dick hollered. 

Bruce stepped toward Aurora. "Tap out. You're done."  He held his hand out for Aurora to take. 

In one swift movement, Aurora had her staff in her hands. She rammed the staff directly into Bruce's one weak spot. The man dropped his staff and stumbled to his knees as she clutched the area in pain. She then sat up and swung the staff like an all-star pitcher directly into the side of Bruce's face. 

Blood was spat out onto the mat as Bruce held himself up with one arm. He looked up and narrowed his eyes at the girl. He was met with a small smirk in return. 

"I can take a hit." Aurora voiced. She wanted it to be clear to everyone in the cave. "Oliver has trained me. And unlike you, he doesn't want me to tap out just because I've got a few scrapes and bruises. Because he knows..." The girl then gestured down to her leg. 

Slowly the purple and blue bruises that decorated her leg began to fade as a warm purple light took over the area of her skin. When the light faded her skin was back to normal. 

"That the cuts and pain is only temporary," she concluded. 

Bruce pushed himself back to his feet. He touched the side of his face that now had a cut on it. "But I have a board meeting to go to tomorrow with this cut."

"Just as a reminder to never underestimate your opponent." Aurora shrugged. 

Dick let out a breath as his shoulders slumped. It was hard to see his little sister in these situations. He was used to her being the little girl who carried around a stuffed elephant everywhere she went. Now he saw her on the news holding up ships, going head to head with mercenaries, Speedsters, and a whole bunch of other criminals that would give any sane person nightmares.