Finally...

"W-What?" Gerome asked quietly. "Say that again."

"I'm in love with you, Gerome." Inigo said, tears streaming down his face. "That's why I can't leave you to die."

"Inigo," Gerome held onto Inigo's arm weakly, "I-I'm in love with you as well..."

"You are?" Inigo asked, his voice breaking.

"Yeah." Gerome smiled weakly. "It sounds stupid, I know..."

"It doesn't sound stupid." Inigo shook his head and laughed. He gazed down at Gerome, knowing he didn't have much time left to find a way to get them back to camp.

"L-Listen, Inigo," Gerome attempted to sit up and inhaled sharply, wincing in pain, "Agh!"

"Hey, don't try to move, okay?" Inigo warned, his face full of concern.

"Y-You should go..." Gerome's breathing became more ragged and shallow, "I won't last long..."

"I told you, I am not leaving you here," Inigo said sternly, "And that is final."

"Fine..."Gerome closed his eyes and clutched his side. His hand was soon covered in blood. Inigo looked on with worry.

"I need to get you out of here..." Inigo muttered, beginning to stand, "Before it's too late..."

"I-Inigo..." Gerome said weakly, "One last thing..."

Inigo knelt on the ground once more and looked down at Gerome. "What is it?" he asked.

Gerome said nothing and grabber him by the shirt collar so that their faces were only a few inches apart. "In case I don't make it." he muttered before pulling Inigo into a slow, passionate kiss. Inigo's eyes shot wide open and his face turned bright red, but he didn't pull away.

They stayed like this for a few minutes, locked away in their own world. Inigo was the first to pull away, still blushing madly. He grinned and laughed softly.

"What?" Gerome asked, his own face turning a shade redder.

"I never thought that would happen." Inigo smiled and looked away sheepishly.

"Neither did I." Gerome blushed deeper and winced again. His vision was going blurry and his heart was pounding in his ears. Inigo noticed the distress he was in and stood, trying to carefully help Gerome up as well.

"You're going to be okay, Gerome," he said, "I promise."