sweep

---

"Jamie."

1.. 2.. 3...

"Jamie Anne."

4.. 5.. 6...

"JAMIE. ANNE. SWANSON."

7.. 8.. 9..

"I SWEAR JAMIE I WILL GET YOUR FATHER RIGHT NOW IF YOU DON'T COME DOW-"

10...

The chain of the punching bag shook as she put her whole force into the kick. She was sweaty, hot, and her body was shaking from the adrenaline that was rushing through her body. She couldn't stop, she was angry for no reason, so hyped up on the natural caffeine that her body provided. Her mother was screaming from the bottom of the stairs but she drowned that out. The only thing she could hear is the beat of her headphones inside of her ears. She counted from one to ten back and forth. Something she did when she was trying to concentrate and try to ignore all of the other noises in the house. She finally went to a halt when she heard a soft knock on the door.

"Jamie?"

She sighed as she heard the soft voice of her father. Knowing that he wouldn't hurt her she stepped to the door and opened it a crack.

"Jamie. You please have to stop making so much noise. They're doing a sweep, Jamie. Please I don't want you to get caught and taken away. Now go down to the basement! C'mon go on! Hide!"

She looked at the clock straight away and saw that it was 7:30, of course sweeping time. She quickly got her pack of food and ran to the basement. She locked the door, and turned on the small light in the middle of the room. The room was cold, dimly lightened, and with no windows. It was an isolation box. She heard the heavy steps on top of her, seeing the little grounds of dirt falling from the ceiling. She heard the talking and the robotic voices of the monsters above. She remembered being a small child, having to hide in a closet, from those monsters. They only took those who were a child or an adolescent. You had to be young to be a monster, her mother would tell her so she can go hide. There was only one reason why they let the adult humans live, to reproduce, so there could be more to turn. She snapped out of her thoughts when she heard a loud shriek, and gun shots. She sprang up and grabbed the gun that her father hid in there in case anything were to ever happened. She unlocked the door and swung it open. Running up the flight of stairs, her heart was racing, and her blood was boiling. She plot a whole plan in her head to kill the things that even dared touch her parents in the time she made it to the living room. When she got to the living room floor she saw two huge robotic monsters on the floor, there program lights flickering.

"Jamie? Jamie Anne Swanson?"

A low grumbling mans voice said. She looked to her right and she saw her father and mother shivering with fear on the floor. She then looked up and growled at the man that standing in front her. She lunged forward putting him on the ground. When she was about to go for a punch another hand stopped her.

"JAMIE."

She heard a very high pitched female voice say. She grabbed the arm and flipped her over so she was laying the other female on her back. She heard the wail of the girl and went straight back to the man with beautiful blue- wait beautiful? She then felt two pairs of arms pull her off the man. She tried to fight back but they were way to strong for her to compete.

"Feisty one we have here."

She heard on of the guys to her right say. She finally gave up with struggling and went limp into the guys arms, huffing.

"Now if my men here let you go, Jamie. Will you please calm down?"

Jamie gave a death glare at the man stood in front of her.

"I'll take that as a yes."

The men let Jamie go, but she than lunged at the man in front of her, once again. But his reflex were to fast for her so he caught her and held her by her waist.

"Knew that was going to happen."

She spat in his face. If her eyes can kill, the man would probably be dead.

"What do you want from me and my family?"

Jamie said as she fought to be let go.

"I want you."

The man with blue eyes said. She than look to the ground as Jamie saw the girl from earlier standing up. She had thick long black hair that was put into a ponytail and had a beautiful dark brown shade of skin. She looked at Jamie and snarled at her, probably because she put her to the ground earlier. She limped to the other two men that were standing behind Jamie and the man that was holding her. She than focused her attention back on the man in front her.

"I'm not trying to take you away from your family and turn you into a cention like they do. Now if i let you go. Will you let me explain on why we need you?"

"Yes."

The man let go of Jamie and she shook popped her joints from being held so tightly.

"Okay. Now I'm Dylan. The captain of the scouter team. We recruit adolescent's like you to become one of us."

Dylan looked over at the girl with the beautiful skin.

"I'm Ughi, Dylan's co-captain or right hand woman."

Ughi says with a warm smile.

"I'm Alex, the "muscles" of the group."

He says with a smirk. Jamie just rolls her eyes at the cockiness of this man.

"And I'm Lucas, the "brains" of this group."

Lucas says as he pushes up his glasses. He also offers a small wave to Jamie. She smiles lightly back to him.

"Lucas was actually the one who found out about you-"

"It's not like I was stalking you or any-"

"Shut up Lucas, no one asked you."

Alex says, Ughi just pushes him and shakes her head.

"Anyways as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted by these two imbeciles. The reason why we risked to come over here as these two centions were here is because it was the only way to come in your house. And plus it'd be pretty cool and stuff. But we are a special group Jamie. We fight for this race to have this world again. We fight against the centions, or Cyborgs, so we don't have to be sheep anymore. So we don't have to listen to their commands. And you Jamie are dearly important to us. You want to know why?"

Jamie shakes her head and bites the inside of her cheek.

"Because you are the next leader of this human rebellion."

---