It had been a week since the party. Eliza and I texted each other everyday. We spoke about our likes, our dislikes and our opinions on stuff. I loved talking to her. I realized soon that even though we were completely different when it came to our nature and our mannerisms, our tastes were actually pretty similar.

Oh good, that's gonna be easy when we will be living together.

Wait why did I just think that? I just wanted to get to know her. So that we could be friends?

Friends? Really? Okay then why did you try to kiss her?

SHUT UP BRAIN.

I decided to take a walk, which was pretty out-of-character for me. I hated walking or any other form of exercise. But right now, it was unavoidable.

So I stepped out of my house. My neighborhood was not all that good. The houses were not all that pretty, some were even falling apart. I didn't live here by choice; it was the only thing I could afford with my salary. The landlord was pretty annoying, but atleast I had a house.

I didn't want to walk on my street because I could see some shady looking people standing a little further. So I quickly darted out to the next street. From here, I walked to a park close by. As I was taking a walk, a house caught my eye.

It looked like something I would live in. It had french windows, covered with plain white curtains. It had two storeys and a small lawn. It probably had a pool in the backyard, I just knew it. By looking at just this, I knew that the person who lived here had great taste. I wish I lived there.

I walked for a while, listening to the sounds of birds chirping and the sound of the wind.
I felt a sense of peace; it calmed my soul. I could include this feeling somewhere in my poetry, I thought.

My dream was to publish my own book of poetry one day. I wanted people to know me as a poet. I wanted to share my thoughts with the world.
I wish this would be possible one day.

After I felt refreshed, I walked home, promising myself that I would never come out again.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the feeling, but the idea of coming out of my house again was terrifying.

As soon as I reached home, my phone started ringing with notifications.
I could see about 8 messages from Alice, 3 from Antonio and 2 from Eliza.

I sighed in relief because I didn't see any messages from work. I didn't want to deal with that right now.

I opened Eliza's message first. She had just responded to a meme I sent. I liked her reply and then I opened Alice's chat.

"Gen."
"GEN!"
"Where are you?"
"Antonio told me he tried to call you, but he said you phone has been switched off"
"That is not like you"
"Is something wrong"
"Please reply"
"Things went really bad Gen"
"I think you need to call Antonio."

I got really worried seeing these messages. What happened?

I quickly opened Antonio's chat.

Hey Gen, I tried calling you but it said your phone was switched off
It's Alan.
We broke up.

Fuck.

I rushed to Antonio's house. I didn't want to call him, I wanted to meet him in person. I parked outside Antonio's apartment and rushed in. I rang the doorbell and waited impatiently.

I heard the sound of the door being unlocked. The door opened to show Antonio. With a huge black eye.