∘ 𝗖𝗨𝗧𝗘 𝗕𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗔

Summary: you attend a coffee shop for a certain barista

AU: Modern day, Coffee shop AU!

Pairings: Barista! Remus x fem! Reader

■━■━■━■━■━■━■━■■━■━■━■━■

Warnings: just coffee shop fluff, no use of y/n

Words: 1.5k

A/N: my hyper fixation with Andrew Garfield is at an all-time high and him being the fancast for Remus isn't helping

■━■━■━■━■━■━■━■■━■━■━■━■

The new café that just opened up nearby your flat became very popular and customers were constantly in and out. You were one of those people that visited quite often. You would visit for the bustling atmosphere and where you would go to escape the flat from your roommates and study at the café. Today was a slow day at the café and you wanted to go to the café so they had decided to come with you to the café to see why you were there so often.

"I don't see what the fuss is about." Marlene had said once you guys had entered the café. The café was a relative size and reminded you of a '70s diner. It had vintage posters plastered across the walls, some neon signs hanging up, there was 70's and 80's music playing softly in the background, tables were scattered throughout the café, there were some booths and nooks and crannies where you could sit, and there was even some hanging plants near the register and the entrance of the café.

"Well I think it's cute, I love the vintage aesthetic it has going on," Lily said as she was taking in the café. You had led them to the register to order your drink, while Lily and Marlene had stayed back to see what the menu had to offer.

You perked up when you saw who was handling the register. This did not go unnoticed by your roommates and they saw who made you so excited to see in the café. They saw he was pretty tall, sandy brown hair that seemed a bit messy from running his hand through it, amber green eyes that held a softness when he caught sight of you, he was wearing a black shirt underneath his apron, and his nametag was pinned to the apron, it had read Remus (moony).

"Hi, Remus!" You greeted him eagerly. He chuckled under his breath at how cute you were, "Hello," he greeted softly, and he had peered over your shoulder to find your roommates studying him with what seemed like scheming faces. "Did you bring your friends?" Remus asked you curiously.

You looked over your shoulder to see the same sight that Remus was seeing, "Oh, yeah those are my friends and roommates, the redhead is Lily, and the blonde is Marlene." You introduced him to them briefly. He gave them a slight wave and smile and they came up to order.

"Soo, I see why you enjoy coming here so often," Marlene says smugly while sidling up to your side to order with Lily smirking at you. You can feel your cheeks flush with heat and you nudge both of them in the sides in a way to get them to shut up. They snicker at your flustered state and order their drinks.

They go find a table and you yet to order so they had left you at the register with Remus. "Soo," Remus drawled, "Are they always like that?" He had gestured behind you and you turned around to see them making kissy faces at you and Remus. You slightly color at their teasing so you flip them the bird.

You turn around and face Remus, with a sheepish smile on your face. "Not all the time but, it seems today they feel like teasing me." Remus makes a face of understanding because Sirius and James could be the exact same. "Well do you want your usual?" "Yes, please!" You say with a bright smile on your face and Remus could melt at the sight of your smile.

Some yelling from the back breaks Remus out of his stupor and turns around to see Sirius and James spilling the girl's drinks on the floor before they could have said their names. He turns around to give you a sheepish smile and you giggle at his expression. "I'll have to help them clean up, but after we'll get your drinks out as soon as possible." You nod at him with a comforting smile and go to sit with Lily and Marlene.

"I can see why you like it here," Marlene tells you with a smirk on her face. You slightly scowl at her, "Oh yeah, why is that Marls?" You ask her. "Clearly because of the attractive baristas here." Lily pipes up teasingly. "Oh I don't doubt that, did you see that Sirius bloke? Oh god, I think I'm in love!" Marlene exclaims. You and Lily giggle at her dramatics. "It seems that a certain someone has an eye on Mr. Remus at that counter." Lily nudges you playfully and you shove her right back.

"Well I can tell the only reason that James dropped the drinks is that he was too busy staring at the redhead next to me." You retort. "Well, I won't deny he isn't attractive..." Lily trails off. "What is with us and the baristas?" Marlene asks the group. "Well, I do know that James's mum owns the cafe and she hired the boys to work it." You inform the group. There was a hum of understanding from the girls and the conversation flowed quite easily.

After a while, the boys had finished remaking the drinks and they had made it a point to bring out the drinks with each respective boy, though they usually call out the names. "Hello Ladies," Sirius flirts. "Which one of you beautiful gals would be Marlene?" Marlene giggles and raises her hand and Sirius hands her the drink she ordered.

James is up next, "Would the dashing redhead, be Lily?" "You'd be correct," Lily says and gives him a smile. James melts and just stares at her like he just fell in love. Last but not least we have Remus. "Come on Moons, just give the drink to your lovely girl," Sirius mutters to Remus while giving him a nudge in your direction.

Remus rolls his eyes but a blush grows on his cheeks. "Here you go." Remus gives you a small smile and wink and your smile back with a flush growing on the back of your neck and on your cheeks. "Thank you, Remus," you murmur and they turn back to the register. As you guys were about to take a sip out of your drinks, Marlene and Lily noticed there was something written on the cups. They saw that James and Sirius's numbers were scrawled on them with cheesy little notes.

They smile at the sight and as you were checking your cup you only saw a note and doodle that Remus usually puts on your cup but no number. You frown slightly at it but are still in a good mood by his note and little wolf and moon doodle.

You and the girls chat for a little while after you finish your drinks and you guys decided to head back to the flat. As you were getting up, you realized you needed to use the bathroom so you tell them and they said they would wait outside for you.

"Now's your chance Moony!" James exclaims once you're in the bathroom. "What barge into the bathroom and ask for her number?" Remus scoffs. Sirius slaps Remus's head. "Ow!" Remus exclaims while rubbing the spot that Sirius had hit. "No, you wait until she comes out of the bathroom, and call her over and then ask her," Sirius tells Remus the plan. "Alright fine, if she says no, I'm blaming the both of you," Remus grumbles.

After you were done with the bathroom, you start to head out of the café. As you were about to leave you heard Remus call out your name. You turn around to see Remus walking up to you cheeks flushed and running his hand through his hair nervously. "Do you need something, Remus?" You ask Remus politely. "Yeah umm, I just wanted to give you something." Remus gives you a piece of paper with something scrawled on it. You look at the piece of paper to see what was on it.

It read, "Here's my number xxx-xxx-xxxx, would you like to go out sometime?" with a little moon doodle on the side of it. You chuckle at the little doodle and you look up to see Remus standing there nervously bracing for your answer. "Of course, I will Remus, and I'll text you when I'm free." You tell him sweetly.

In a burst of confidence, you kiss his cheek, winked at him and his friends, and turned to leave the cafe. The girls were hassling you on what just happened and you said you would tell them back at the flat.

As you were walking away from the cafe, Remus was still rooted in his spot and put his hand to the spot on his cheek where you kissed it. The boys were cooing at him and saying their little Remus was growing up. "Finally! Now you actually did something about the cute girl that kept coming in often." Sirius teases Remus. "Oh sod off!" Remus tells the boys off with a smile on his face.