How to Meditate

Okay. Wow. Someone actually asked this question. Okay then.

Close your eyes and become aware of your breathing. It is not necessary to breath in or out more deeply than usual. Just become aware of the workings of your body -- a gift from the Goddess. Move your awareness through each part of your body, beginning with your feet and working your way up to your head. If you feel any tension in a particular area, you can envision it melting away, or you can just accept that it is there.
Once you have checked in with each part of your body, return your awareness to your breathing. If any thoughts come into your head, let them come and go, like soap bubbles floating through the air. If you find yourself absorbed in a particular though, just release the thought, return your awareness to your breath, and rejoice in your return to the present moment.
Breathe deeply for several minutes. Relax. Forget. Visualise the tensions and worries of everyday life exiting your body with your breath. Relax. Open your consciousness; allow your conscious mind to be receptive and alert. Commune and talk with the deities. Toss around symbols in your head. If you wish, chant one of the names of the Goddess or God, or a group of them. This is an excellent tool for slipping into the twilight world. Light should be subdued, burn white or blue candles if you wish. Also incense.