Chapter 13: Tower of Power.

Entering the fortress of Kinloch Hold. The Party could see a contingency of Armored Templars like the one they saw outside. 

"I want three men stationed within sight of the the doors at all times. Do not open the doors without my express content. Is that clear?" An old Templar who Talia assumed was the Night Commander.

"Yes, Ser." The other Templar replied. 

"Now we wait and pray." The Commander thought out loud. 

"Hello!" Qwark greeted. 

The Commander looked at the party. "Who are you? I told Carroll to not let anyone cross." He demanded. 

"Sorry about that. It was urgent that we speak to you, sir." Talia replied. She knew that it was important to speak with the Templars formally.  

"At least you have manners." The Commander acknowledged. "Knight Commander Greagoir is my name. Now what can I do for you?" 

"I'm Ratchet." Ratchet greeted. "My buddies and the Grey Wardens are here to ask the Mages to help us against the Darkspawn and a bunch of other bad guys." 

"Grey Wardens you say?" Greagoir asked. "I thought you were all dead from the Battle of Ostagar." 

"Nope. Our deaths were greatly exaggerated." Talia said. 

"Ahem." Daxter interrupted. "If it wasn't for us, you'd be dead." 

"What's with all the dysfunction? Is there something wrong with the Tower?" Ratchet asked.

"Please say no. Please say no." Daxx hoped.

"Unfortunately... The Tower is no longer under our control." Greagoir informed. "Abominations and demons stalk the tower halls, hunting Templars and Mages alike. I realized we could not defeat them and told my men to flee." 

"That figures." Ratchet commented. "Everywhere I go, it's always some type of enemy that overruns the place and Clank and I have to fight our way just to get to a destination." 

"What can you say, Ratchet? The plot and the game designers demand it." Qwark pointed out. 

"What are you talking about?" Talia asked. 

"Nothing. Nevermind." Ratchet quickly dismissed what they were saying.

"I have sent word to Denerim, calling for reinforcements and the Right of Annulment." Greagoir added. 

"What?!" Talia asked in disbelief.

"The Right of Annulment?" Jak asked. 

"It means the Templars want to neutralize the tower completely from Mages." Leliana explained. 

"There is no alternative. We must destroy this threat before it gets out of hand." Greagoir reluctantly justified. 

"Well, surely some Templars have at least survived." Talia protested. 

"If there are any survivors, then the Maker himself must have shielded them." Greagoir replied. "No one could have survived those monstrous creatures." 

"That's what they say about the Metal Heads. And I know for a fact that people can survive monstrous creatures." Sig pointed out. 

"What about the First Enchanter? Is he still alive?" Talia asked. 

"We don't know. He stayed behind to protect the others." Greagoir answered. 

Talia sighed. "I think there's only one way we're going to get the Mages and get Connor unpossessed." She told everyone.