[j] Two Suspicious Identities

[j]

I was on a mission to find this boy today. I didn't care if it took me a few hours, the whole day or the whole night. I was going to find him today.

The letter of the day still don't come yet so I stood there, waiting at my locker in the early morning. No one was around school yet so it gave me a some quiet, peace of mind.

He should come any minute now and then I was going to demand for answers. He wasn't going to leave this time without telling me his name. And if he was reluctant to at least give me that, I was going to follow him around the whole school.

With my head too busy contemplating whether I should actually stalk this boy, I nearly missed the flicker of shadow to my right. I snapped my head up and saw the guy standing a few feet away from me. He had his hood over his head and a scarf wrapped around his lower face. It covered his identity perfectly and I nearly scowled at him.

"It's not that cold!" I said his way, pushing off my locker.

The boy chuckled and took a step back. I looked down at my feet and realised I was moving and with every move I took, he was moving back.

"You seriously that protective over your identity?" I asked him, crossing my hands across my chest.

The boy pulled down his scarf, away from his mouth, revealing his soft looking lips. "Nah, but I don't have the energy for any formalities right now."

I scoffed at him. "What formalities? You seem to know me very well."

The ends of his mouth curved upwards, a sardonic smile appearing on his face. "It's not the right time yet." He turned his body away from me.

I threw my hands up in the air, exasperated. "When is the right time?"

He stopped and turned back to face me. "You'll know when you know." Pulling his scarf back up his mouth again, he turned on his heel and started to leave.

"At least give me my letter!" I yelled after him but he completely ignored me and carried on walking.

"You seriously not going to give me my letter?"

He didn't turn around, but I saw his hand lift up to his face. "It's already there." His voice carried back to me.

I snapped my head back, taken aback. I turned around and took the few steps back to my locker. I punched in the combination and quickly opened it... To see a letter carefully placed inside.

I gasped out. What a joke.

...

Sophia,

You shouldn't believe everything that is being said. I could guarantee you none of it is true. Rumours here, rumours there. And since you're you, there was always a rumour going on around you. That you were someone fake, someone unappreciative. Someone that didn't give a damn about her peers. But of course you do give a damn right? You just don't show it. And the ones you give a damn about are the ones you are never seen with. It's like you're the spot-bother amongst your group. You don't belong there. You belong with people you give two fucks about. Do me a favour; go to your people.

...

I dropped the letter back into the locker, realising that I wasn't so sure who my people were anymore.

***