Winter's Prologue

In the first thousand years of the world, the first cycle of the season happened. The four deities of the four seasons were born through Demeter, the Goddess of Agriculture.

The Deity who leads the cycle was Spring, the blooming season. Along with his warmth and compassion for humanity. He decided to wander the world to carry on the bestowed duty of Demeter to him.

The next Deity that follows Spring is Summer, a hot headed-season. During his time of cycle, many people are complaining about the heat of his power, but despite those complaints, he continues to follow his brother.

Followed by the Summer was Autumn, a beautiful deity that resembles Demeter. She seemed warm and kind at first, but under her warm charm was a cruel smile underneath the fallen leaves.

She's the deity that has resentment towards Demeter.

The last Deity to wander the world is Winter, the youngest of the four seasons. 

The Deity that was born out of Demeter's loneliness. 

He is known for being the coldest and cruelest season.

Following autumn, and doing his task earnestly, Winter became the closest deity to Death. However, being the youngest of the seasons, Winter once yearned for the affection of his siblings and his mother, Demeter.

But from the very beginning of his existence, Winter was already abandoned. His other siblings have already left to wander the world, thus, leaving him no choice but to follow them by himself.

"Where did they go?" Asked the newly born season. "Why are you crying, mother?" Winter asked as he glanced at his mother who did nothing but to cry.

"Mother, what are those water from your eyes?" His naive eyes couldn't help but to wonder. Curiosity and anticipation were vivid on his face.

However, Demeter did not answer.

The goddess was engulfed by the loneliness caused by the disappearance of her daughter whose name is Persephone. Up until now, she's still looking for her daughter that was taken by Hades to the underworld.

Because of her loneliness, she never paid attention to the newly born deity named Winter that was created because of her loneliness.

Seeing that his mother won't answer him, Winter decided to wander on his own.

Unlike Spring, Summer, and Autumn, who has a colorful surrounding around them as they wander, Winter could see nothing but the dull color of the snow.

It was an endless sight of winter.

Tired of white and cold scenery around him, Winter finally stopped wandering.

His eyes caught an unfamiliar creature from the endless snow.

A creature that is somehow similar to him.

That creature is a human child.

She was lying on the pile of snow.

The deity of Winter observed the unfamiliar child. 

Just like him, it has Hair and ears. 

Just like him, it has hands and toes. 

Just like him, it has lips and a nose.

Just like Winter, it has eyes, but the child's eyes are closed.

It seems like the child is asleep.

"I want to talk," Winter mumbled when he concluded that the girl is also like him.

An innocent smile appeared on his lips as he sat beside the sleeping girl.

"Wake up," Winter said, but the child did not respond. A pout from the newly born Deity appeared on his face. "Are you also going to ignore me like my mother?" He asked naively.