Chapter 1

You sat in a chair reviewing your notes. The day had honestly been kinda fun... You didn't have to go near any dangerous SCPs. You got to be around the cute ones.

You had to meet up with someone later...

You got in trouble for failing to put SCP-999 back in its containment when it was supposed to be sleeping.

Another lecture...

As the elevator lowered you sighed. You hated going down to the lower levels. The danger only went up.

You eventually found the office and went inside, now a little agitated but still smiling.

Why couldn't we just meet above?

I'm not even supposed to be down here...

"Y/N, you decided to show up. You're late."

"I... I am? I'm sorry! I was busy..."

"It's fine. Sit down, you know why you are here."

You sat down and sighed. "I am sorry about SCP-999. I wasn't paying attention to the time. And-"

"You were having too much fun? Y/N, you need to stop having incidents like this."

"It's only the second time..."

"But you're always playing with the anomalies. I know you're good at your job but if you ever want to get promoted from a junior researcher you gotta change this."

"I know..."

"Do you have your notes from earlier? I need them now."

"Yes, right here."

"Good. Go get lunch then come back."

"Okay..."

You stood up and left the room.

That... was the nicest they have ever been to you. But they are right. You do need to change. What are you going to do when you get a higher clearance? Try to pet a 939? That's definitely something you would do...

You are a little hungry though. I think it's pizza day...

But as you started to get a little excited about pizza sirens rang through the hall.

*Attention all personell! 096 has breached containment. Whereabouts are unknown. Please get to a shelter immediately.*

"Are you serious?" You whispered as you rushed to an elevator. But... you stopped as you looked ahead, hearing crying.

You could see at least two corpses. They probably tried to contain 096 and something went wrong.

But that means...

You immediately looked down at the floor as you called out. "Hello? Is anyone there?"

The crying stopped for a second before continuing. You turned a corner as it got louder. There's only one thing to do now...

"096? Where are you?"

You saw a small amount of blood and what looked like a leg as you stopped.

"096? Hey... It's... It's okay."

The crying stopped.

"I... I know you didn't mean to hurt anyone."

You couldn't see what it did, but you wanted to as a hand tried to reach out for you.

You heard footsteps from behind you as you panicked.

"Wait! Stop!" You yelled, hoping they wouldn't see 096's face. "096, turn around before they see you!"

From what you could tell 096 ran as guards came up behind you.

"What are you doing here?"

"I uh... found 096, it just ran that way."

"That was extremely dangerous. You need to leave, now. We'll have someone escort you."

"Okay..."

Another guard came up, "Let's go.".

096 was eventually put back into containment and the day went on. You got to eat pizza but... it wasn't that great.

The rest of the week was pretty normal. There was maybe one other breach but it was pretty uneventful otherwise.

As you laid down to sleep you thought about 096. You seemed to calm it down so easily...

And... What was it planning to do?

You sighed before closing your eyes.

Forget about it...