8.

Lydia

" Bro, I'm about to kill that dog."

My eyes were still adjusting to the morning sun, but I knew exactly what the hell I stepped in.

Picking up my foot, I looked down at my Nike slide and saw a bunch of brown dog shit all over it.

It wasn't my first time stepping in shit in the morning, and because I was a morning person and barely anyone woke up at this hour I was responsible for picking up the shit.

Trixie, the red nose pit look at me with wondering eyes as though she knew she fucked up.

" This gotta stop, you going into your cage before bed." I snapped silently and she lay down flat on the flood right by the kitchens threshold.

" Don't talk to my dog like that."

Latrell coming out scratching his chest as he slowly made his way into the bathroom to take his morning piss.

" I thought she was trained, she keep shitting everywhere and Im the one keep stepping in it. I'm tired of this shit."

Just like every morning for the passed two weeks since I've been staying with Latrell it's been the same thing almost every morning.

Clean up the shit I step in.

Scold the dog that did it.

Get a talking to about how the dog is still a puppy although the damn thing was three years old.

And take my morning shower before I head out to run some errands or go to work.

" You shouldn't be talking how you be putting hair all in the damn tub." Latrell responded.

The toilet flushed and he made his way to the kitchen.

" You didn't even wash your hands, that's how I know I can't take you serious in the morning." I laughed, picking up the last bit of dog poop off the floor.

I rolled my eyes.

" Anyways, Im supposed to be going shopping this afternoon. Get some more panties and bras,you coming with?"

" If that means I can pick out what I want you to wear then bet."

" Trell, you can't keep getting thongs and lace. It's ok to give me some cotton underwear."

" That granny shit? No, I want to see my shorty walking around with the ass out." He smirked taking out needed things to make breakfast with.

" W-when did I become your shorty?"

" When you stepped foot in this house. Let's make this food before them hungry ass niggas wake up."

I shook my head.

" Naw, foods on me. We can order out, I don't feel like stepping in no more dog shit while I cook."

Latrell pursed his lips and shrugged.

" Aight, you said it's on you."