[MARTHA KAPLY IMAGINE]

THE READER IS A FEMALE!

IMAGINE HAVING A CRUSH ON MARTHA, AND BETHANY COMFORTING YOU AFTER YOU SEE SPENCER AND MARTHA FLIRT WITH EACH OTHER.

"I'm into nerds!" you heard Martha giggle and peeked around the tree to see her and Spencer standing there, and Spencer looked like he had just won in a lotto.

"Really? I'm a nerd!" he exclaimed, and they both laughed a bit before the laughter subsided and they slowly leaned towards each other, and you quickly turned away, fully aware what was going to happen next.

It was Bethany who found you kicking the ground, holding back your tears.

"What's the matter, Y/N?" she asked, and you sighed as you glared at her.

"Nothing you should worry about."

"No need to be rude, girl." Bethany retorted, before she turned away.

You groaned. "Wait. I'm sorry."

She turned back to look at you, furrowing her eyebrows as she saw your eyes glistening with tears.

You shook your head. "It's Martha."

Her frown just deepened, as making people upset wasn't Martha's style. "Did she say something to you?"

You shook your head again. "No... I just... she kissed Spencer."

Bethany cocked her head. "Why would it..." then it hit her, "Ooohh."

You nodded, taking in a deep, shaky breath. "I knew they like each other but I kinda just... hoped it would pass so I could come forward. It's stupid and selfish, I know. I should be happy for her."

Bethany laid her hand on your shoulder. "If you need to vent, I'm your girl."

You laid your own hand on top of hers and tried to smile at her in gratitude - you would have never believed that someone like Bethany would be the one you'd confide in about anything. Her avatar had completely changed her, and maybe you'd turn out to be friends one day.