Chapter 7

Sam enters the motel room, a coffee cup in hand, to find Dean sitting at a table looking at his laptop, and a familiar pink and purple feline taking a cat nap on the table. Dean glances up at his brother when he hears them enter and Y/n's ears twitch but she makes no other movement.

"Hey." Sam greeted as he took a seat across from Dean. Dean hummed in response and turned his attention back to his computer screen. Sam looks down at Y/n, feeling the urge to pet the feline, however held back by his awkwardness and inability to tell if that would be weird, he pushed the thought aside and took a sip of his coffee.

At the sound of fluttering wings, Y/n jumped to her feline feet. "Sam. Dean." The deep voiced being greets the brothers until his attention is caught by the abnormally colored feline standing on the table with its eyes trained on the angel. "We have a cat?" Castiel asks in confusion. Dean sighs and gets to his feet to properly greet the celestial being.

    "No, Cas." Dean responds.

"I am not your belonging. I am my own but I happen to inhabit the same space as you and possibly rely on you for my necessities."

Castiel's eyes widen in shock when he hears a woman's voice leave the mouth of the feline.

"Dean, why is the cat speaking to me?" Castiel inquired in alarm. Sam chuckled in amusement. The cat jumps down from the table and saunters towards Castiel's feet. Y/n began to circle around Castiel's feet until she began to ascend as though she were walking up a set of stairs spiraling around the angel's body.

"Why, I speak as I please. I was given vocals, I might as well use them. Do you question why I speak to you individually, why I speak at all, or why I speak what I speak? If the last, I can change my verse. 'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves" Y/n began to sing as she neared Cas's head, "Did gyre and gimble in the wabe: All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe."

"Are you reciting the poem of Jabberwocky?" Sam speculated, which made Y/n grin wider.

"Yes I am, good sir. Quite an ear for you to hear what is not Shakespeare! I can recite the words that Mr. Dodgson did write!" As Y/n was speaking, her purple fur faded from eyesight and the pink fur spiraled around in the air, and grew larger to form the figure of a woman. Y/n quickly turned her attention back to Castiel.

Y/n spoke again, "So please tell me what you may be! You are no human but you take the form of one. When I am human, I say human am I! You are human but do not say why?" Castiel's look of confusion only seemed to intensify as he looked to Dean for some sort of explanation, who appeared to have none.

"I am Castiel." The angel said, unsure if that was the answer the woman was looking for.

"And what do you say you are?" Y/n smirked mischievously as she leaned against the table.

"I am an angel of the lord." Castiel responded, eyebrows furrowed.

"The Lord?" Y/n questioned, confused by the term. "The only lord I have heard of is the one that attempted to claim land. The Queen was not pleased, and headless that lord did become!" Y/n exclaimed loudly. Y/n made no movement but her body seemed to float on its own to sit her upon the arm rest of the couch.

"Sam. Dean. Who is she?" Castiel asked in complete seriousness. Sam moved closer to Castiel as he began to speak.

"That is Y/n, aka the Cheshire Cat. Apparently Lewis Carroll's book Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, isn't just a story. According to Y/n Wonderland is a real place," Sam explained.

"And why is she here?" Castiel inquired, having no second thoughts about the existence of Wonderland.

"Y/n says that she won a poker game against the White Rabbit, and the rabbit got annoyed and decided to send her here." Dean paused, taking a second to realize that the sentence he had just said was one he never thought he would ever say. "We found Y/n while on a case. She needs a place to crash and we can use her to get more information on Wonderland."

Castiel remained silent but based on his facial expression he was not opposed to the turn of events. As soon as the brothers felt that the confusion was cleared, they turned to where they last saw Y/n, only to find her not there.

"Shit." Dean cursed as he strode towards the bathroom in search of her. At the sound of Sam calling his name, Dean took a sharp turn to find Sam looking at Y/n as she was rummaging through the fridge.

"Afraid we don't have any cat food in here." Dean sighed, relieved that the female wasn't causing trouble. At the sound of his voice, Y/n took a step back to look at Dean.

"What do you take me for? Some pathetic domestic feline?! No sir, I eat lavishly at every tea party!" Y/n exclaimed. Dean raised an eyebrow at her, but then brushed aside her response. He pushed past her to the fridge to grab himself a beer.

"Want one?" Dean offered the female.

"What is it?" Y/n asked suspiciously.

"Beer." Dean clarified, to which Y/n gasped dramatically.

"You dare attempt to poison me?! While I am in the form of a human, I am still a cat, and I must stick to what is available to a feline's diet." Dean made no response but simply handed Sam the can of beer that he had originally offered to Y/n. Y/n took Dean's place in front of the fridge again as Dean sat down at the kitchen table.

"Now where's the tuna and tea?" Y/n murmured, the mere thought of the combination of the two making the brother's cringe.