2. Communication

A/N: It's short, but I'm still trying to nudge my way into this idea :) Happy Friday!

———————————-

Chapter 2

"Don't you fuckin' cuff her!" I shouted at the man with the beard, as the other was cuffing me. "She can't talk with you if she can't use her hands!" I was fighting him — he yanked my hands down.

"Fine." Rick said as he went behind her and searched her — he found her knife tucked in the waistband of her jeans, just like I had mine.

"You get to stay cuffed." Daryl said as him and Rick led us to their car.

"Oh, sweetie. You think this is my first time?" I said to him, sarcastically

 I saw a smile play on Nikki's lips — she could hear slightly out of one ear and she was able to read lips; but it's not something I was going to tell these guys. We rode in the car for a couple of miles in dead silence until I looked over to my sister and saw the anxiety in her eyes.

"Y'all seem pretty well kept. Hiding out?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"What? You bein' friendly now?" He asked beside me with a crossbow in his lap. "You was actin' like you had rabies or sumthin'."

"When an asshole comes around and tries to cuff your deaf sister, then you'll understand." I snarled back at him.

"You ain't scarin' me, princess." He laughed, and I rolled my eyes in return. Nikki turned out in the front seat and started signing. "Whoa. Don't start some secret language!" Dumbass beside me couldn't keep his trap shut — surprised he hasn't choke on any flies yet.

"What's she saying, Scarlett?" Rick asked me, looking at me through the rearview mirror. I looked at Nikki and she looked down at my hands.

"I'll tell you if you get this shit off of me."

"No." He said in respond.

"Then you'll have be ready for the plan we're cooking up." He exhaled.

"Daryl." The man he talked to too shook his head angrily. He took the head out of a pocket in his vest and un-cuffed me.

"Now, talk." Daryl said beside me as he pulled out a cigarette.

"She wants to know why you're kidding-napping us." I looked at Nikki who was signing again, and I laughed. "And not to talk about her as if she's not here." It was her biggest pet peeve.

"We're not, but we don't know what we're doing with you yet." The man up front said and I signed his answer back to her.

"Hey, now!" Daryl said while blowing smoke in my face.

"Relax, 'princess'." I said mocking him. "I'm just tell her what he said." I said to him while I grabbed the cigarette from between his lip and put it to mine. He looked at me. "You owe it to me...put the fuckin' cuffs on too tight." I took a puff and blew it in his face.

            As I did, we pulled into a prison. I leaned forward in my seat to get a better view — it was guarded. They were completely safe. My jaw dropped and the cigarette fell from my lips — causing Daryl to jump.

"Son o'a bitch! You know hard it is to finda box?" He said, I ignored him.

"There's no way." I said as we pulled in to the courtyard.