New A/N (12 May 2022)

Good day, my lovely readers! Yes, author's note at hindi update or what. T_T

First of all, as I always tell you, thank you very much for giving me and "DEAD RECKONING" a chance. How am I going to explain this ba... I've started this story without any intention for this to reach too much love from all of you. T_T Pinapaiyak niyo lang talaga ako eh... But, truly. I am very, very, VERY grateful of all of you.

You know, it is both heart-warming and heart-breaking to hear the most common of all requests: A Sequel for the DEAD RECKONING. Right here, I am going to settle the issue about this. Kasi ayaw ko naman na maya't maya na lang din sabihin sa lahat ng mga nag-cocomment ang paulit-ulit kong sinasabi.

Yes, your response is too heart-warming. Nakakataba talaga ng puso. T_T Hindi ko alam bakit naging sobrang click nito, since the movie Goyo had been released for a few months already before I started writing this; siguro dahil doon sa nausong trend sa Tiktok. I don't know. But how and where you've found this story to come across this one... perhaps it is fate... O_O

At the same time, it is heart-breaking. Why? Natatakot ako. Sobra-sobra. Just thinking of writing the bonus chapters are too much for me to overthink. Napapa-isip ako bawat bonus chapter like: Anong sasabihin nila with this? Parang ang panget? Bonus na nga lang na-disappoint pa sila. And countless things as that.

No matter how strong-willed I may be, I am afraid. I remember being the six-year-old me who've started writing short stories and had been currently laughing how childish those stories were. I remember being the nine-year-old me who've begun writing novels and currently adding more and more, revising and widening the universe of my first ever series, sending queries to literary agents to take it, and had been afraid to share it here in Wattpad. Damn, kung alam niyo lang gaano ko kagusto niyo na mabasa ang mga iyon, but I am afraid.

They say that wala akong mararating if mananatili akong takot. Yes. Pero naniniwala rin ako na it is because of those fears that push us to take the risk. The very same way that I've decided an aviation course despite initially thinking that I was afraid of heights; only during my flying career that I figured out that I was afraid of falling and not having any control of such transport. In the end, curiosity propelled me.

Maybe, one day, I'll also take the risk with DEAD RECKONING. To be honest, I am always taking a risk with this; evident with every uploaded Bonus Chapter. But I don't think that it will be today, or tomorrow, or next week, or next month, or even next year. Worst scenario will be, I'll never have the courage to take that risk.

Yes, we can't please everyone. Kaya bakit ako matatakot na ma-disappoint ang ibang tao? It's because every comment you left, and the memory you have about DEAD RECKONING is precious to me. Kung kaya kong i-maintain 'yong ganoon na perspective for you, then that's it. Given my history of rejections and back-stabs in the past, yes, I have an issue about failing people.

So, here's my final say about my current stand. I am afraid that writing another Goyo x Reader fic is not part of my plans as I try to balance prioritizing my flying career, writing the FLIGHT series here in Wattpad, releasing my other completed works in Inkitt, and querying my other novels I've optioned for literary agents to pitch in for traditional publication.

BUT!!! AGAIN!!! Who knows when ideas strike us, right?

I am not fully closing the door for another; however, ito pa lamang ang masasabi ko ngayon. For now, bonus chapters will surely do. I think, mapapansin niyo naman ang madalas na themes ng mga bonus chapters, ano? Most of them had been the most requested ones.

However... I am very sorry talaga kung hindi ko muna or hindi ko matutupad ang sequel. Because, kagaya ng lagi kong sinasabi, DEAD RECKONING ended on the way I wanted it to be. Open ending, yes. A different take of seeing history not to be forgotten. History may be written by the survivors, but it should never favor the living; remember that.

Pero binibigyan ko na kayo ng basbas kung gusto niyo gumawa ng AU or continuation. If you have ideas, you can reach me out through the social medias listed below; talagang bibigyan ko pa ng comment or rating and full basbas. Kung nahihiya man kayo na i-share, my DMs are also open for the social medias as listed:

Twitter: @23meraki; @jerseyleigh
Instagram: @jerseypugay

Once again, thank you for showing interest, and I am truly grateful that you like it despite its countless flaws. Pasensya na kung napaiyak ko kayo, or napakilig, napagigil. Heh! But good stories also need to end, right?

God bless, stay safe as always, and good luck in your future endeavors! I pray for clear skies, calm winds and happy landings to your destinations, my travelers.

XOXO,
Capt. J