Chapter 9

Today it was Sydney's 16th birthday. She has been avoiding Nate almost the entire week. Yesterday Sydney's parents went out for a dinner with their friends but they never came back.

Sydney woke up. "They never came home, happy birthday to me bruh." She mumbled to herself. She was still in her pajamas and went downstaires. The house was empty.

Nate was sleeping probably at Maddy's house or Cassie's house because he also wasn't home. But to be honest Sydney didn't mind that much.

What she didn't know was that Fezco, Lexi and Rue were hiding behind the couch. Suddenly they jumped up and they blew on a birthday horn. "Happy birthday!" They yelled.

"Oh my god!" Sydney was shocked and laughed really hard. "You guys scared the shit out of me." She said while Fez, Lexi and Rue came up to her to hug her.

They gave Sydney presents. Fezco gave Sydney a cool sweater that she wanted. "Thank you so much Fez I really wanted that!" Syd smiled.

Lexi gave her a beautiful necklace. And Rue gave her lots of candy and bath slippers. "Didn't know what to give you." Rue laughed. Now they were all laughing at the bath slippers. "I love everything so much thank you so much, i love yall!" Sydney smiled as she hugged all of them.

"Where is Ashtray?" Syd asked.
"He was still sleeping, but we are all going to laser tag together so get dressed!" Fez said.

"Ohh that's so fun!"

Sydney got dressed. Just leggings and a sweater.
They went to Fezco's and Ashtray's house to pick up Ashtray. Ashtray got in the car, "happy birthday jacob." He said.

"Thank you." Syd said.

They went laser tagging. "Got yuh!" Rue said shooting at Fezco. "No shit, I only have one life left." The ginger said as he ran away hiding behind a bench.

Sydney saw Ashtray somewhere behind and she shot him. "Haha got youu!"

An hour went by and Ashtray and Lexi were the only ones left in the game. "Shoot his ass Lexi!" Rue cheered.

Lexi saw ashtray somewhere hiding and she shot him. "Nooo what the fuck." Ashtray said. He was grumpy as fuck because he wanted to win.

Ashtray got to the group with an irritated look on his face.

"Watch out Ashtray might bite your ankles." Syd laughed

"Bro you're not funny." He said.
"Ok mood destroyer."

They were back in the car driving home, but then Lexi, Rue and Sydney got a text from the girl group. It was maddy.

"Hey, what about going to a funfair tonight to celebrate Sydney's birthday?" She asked.

Everyone liked the idea. Sydney texted that she loved the idea and she asked if Fezco and Ashtray also wanted to join, because they wanted to keep an eye on everyone.

Sydney put on a festive but cute outfit.

When Syd arrived she ran up to her friends

When Syd arrived she ran up to her friends. They gave Sydney a hug. "Happy birthday sweetheart!" Everyone said.

They gave Syd presents.

They went in a roller coaster. It was really scared, but really fun. It had 2 loopings in it. Sydney decided to stay sober this night. Altough her friends got high and did molly.

After like two hours of fun Sydney decided to walk through the funfair on her own for some minutes.

Then she saw Ashtray sit somewhere on his own. Syd walked up to him and sat down next to him. "Hey, where is Fezco?" She asked.

Ashtray pointed to Fezco somewhere in the back and he was talking to lexi. Then at some point they saw Fezco giving Lexi a kiss. "Oh my god, that is the cutest thing I have ever seen." Syd smiled. Fezco had eye contact with Syd and Ash. Sydney looked proud and held up two thumbs.

Fezco and Lexi laughed and walked off.
Ashtray was really quiet and just stared infront of him. "Is there something wrong?" Syd asked. "There is nothing wrong." He said.

It was a really long silence. "Sooo, what is your favorite colour?" Syd asked to break the silence. "What the hell why are you asking those type of questions?"

"Just tryna have a conversation chill."

Ashtray didn't say anything, so Sydney just wanted to walk off. "Its electric blue." He said to her. She sat next to him again. He started to talk. "You know, lately i am having issues with my past, I don't have parents, and i got raised by Fezco, and my whole
life i have been in drugs and shit."

Sydney was kind of in shock of what he just telled her.

"I am so sorry for you, i didn't know." Sydney said.
"It isn't your fault." The boy said.

After some minutes Ashtray went looking for Fezco, and Sydney went looking for her friends. Then suddenly someone grabbed her by the troath. There was a big group of boys. "So you must be the little sister of Nate Jacobs." One of the boys said. "L-let me go." Sydney begged as she gasped for air.

"Look little girl, we are friends of Nate, and you should listen to him, otherwise problems will happen." A boy said as he squeezed Sydney's throat even more thight. They let go of Sydney and they ran off. Sydney fell to the floor and coughed.

A moment later, Sydney tried to walk to the car, until Ashtray saw her walking, and came towards her. "Yo have you seen Fez, Rue or Lexi?"

Syd tried to hide her neck and face from him, but he saw the bruise on her neck.

"What happened?" Ash asked.
"Nothing." She said not meeting his eyes.

Ash came closer to her, he took Sydney's face in his hands. "Who did this to you?" He asked as he let go of her and started clenching his fists.

Sydney was silent for a few seconds but she decided to tell him, seeing he won't let this slide.

"Some random friends of Nate attacked me and i couldn't get away, they told me problems are going to happen if i don't listen to my brother." Syd mumbled.

"Get in the car I will be right back." He commanded.

Sydney got in the car and Ash called Fezco. He told him what happend to Sydney. Fezco was with Lexi and Rue and they all went to the car.

"Just call the police, tell them everything about him, I don't wanna live with him he scares the shit out of me. I'm done with living for his orders. I want him in fucking prison." Sydney said.

Everyone was now looking at Sydney. "Are you sure?" Fez asked.

"I'm really fucking sure."

They called the police and Sydney went to the police office to tell everything. She also told about her dad raping kids. She showed the cops the videotapes of her dad. And she showed her bruise on her neck.

When she was done she walked to her friends. "How did it go?" Rue asked. "Pretty well i guess, they are going to do research and then maybe Nate will be arrested and also my father.

Sydney drove in the car with Fezco, Lexi, Ashtray and Rue. The car window was open and she poked her head out a bit to feel and smell the fresh air.

after a long time she finally felt relieved.

__________________________________

A/N
If you guys are having fun or cute ideas for this story let me know in the chat :)