forty-eight

Ellie Webber

Ellie Webber

"That barely covers your ass. Absolutely not," I rolled my eyes as I walked past grandma.

The entire ride to the stadium was awkward. First of all, something had crawled up the girl's asses and died. Especially Sloane's ass. Sloane was scowling at me for everything that it was worth. Finn avoided looking at me. Naomi was the only one that was able to look at me without any expression.

I mean she looked like she had zero thought behind her eyes.

But it's okay, I was used to being stared at. I was used to being looked at as if I were a weird girl. This time I wasn't. I was not going to be looked at as if I were the weird girl. As far as I was concerned I was hot, and this was my future home. I refused to let someone invade my space and make me feel lesser than when this was my home.

I was going to this game and I was going to get into his head.

That's what Sloane's character would do right?

"Okay, well. Go find grandpa and you stay by his side until you both are on the field. Then stay out of his way, promise?" Grandma spoke as we walked into the large stadium. Giving her a knowing look as I walked right next to her.

"I've done this before you know," I said.

Grandma shook her head, "The last time you did this you were ten. I mean, if you insist on being on the sideline today then go ahead but I don't know why you must insist."

Why must I insist? Because. I was hot. I know I was hot. And I have read way too many sports romance tropes to not know the fact that male athletes love it when girls wear their jerseys. However, I wasn't wearing it for him.

I was going to fuck with him.

Until he cracked.

Nothing was holding me back. I was going to be gone in a semester and so was he. He was going to the NFL and I was going to Ohio State. I would be away from him and everything he caused me to go through.

It fucking hurt to put a smile on my face and act like everything was okay.

As much as I disliked him and I never would have admitted it, this hurt like a bitch because of the friendship that we had built around us. That was the worst feeling is knowing we had a base around our home and it shattered all because I told him the truth and he couldn't spit his emotions out.