01: last goodbye

"Joo! You better hurry up before you're late for school again!" My aunt Lucretia yelped from outside my room door. I rolled my eyes annoyingly before putting the laptop I had not to long ago picked up, right back down on the dresser, and slipping my phone into the pocket of my black jeans. I took one last look outside at the powdery, cocaine white, snow fallling outside the window before pulling on my Bape utility jacket over my Thrasher hoodie. I then grabbed my sprayground bag off the floor and slipped on the bred 1s that had been sitting between my Yeezys and Timbs with the rest of my sneaker collection that cluttered my half of the room.

"I'm coming!" I chirped back, swinging open my room door as I rushed down the hall of the tight ass apartment we stayed in. Once in the kitchen area I already could smell the waffles on the stove that my aunt was making. My cousin Ken and my younger sister Justine sat at the table almost finished eating, as I pulled out a chair infront of my usual spot at the table. "Why didn't you wake me up nigga?" I whispered lowly to Ken, as he munched on his waffles, paying close attention to his phone, before looking up at me.

"Your ass-" he began.

"You better skip breaskfast and just come on Joo, we're gonna miss the subway if we don't get out of here." Justine blurted out before grabbing her empty cereal bowl and rushing to the kitchen. My stomach growled at the thought of skipping breakfast. We probably wouldn't even be able to stop anywhere for food on the way to school.

"She's right, come on nigga." Ken added, putting away his plate too as he hurried back to the room we shared. It didn't take long for him to came back now sporting a pair of true blue 3s and a colorblocked Supreme windbreaker.

I stared at him for a moment before shaking my head, causing him to burst out laughing. "You just had to steal my jacket bruh?" I questioned jokingly, not really mad, just annoyed that Ken enjoyed stealing my clothes so often without my premission.

"It was the first jacket I could find, Joo." Ken responded between laughs as I stuffed a waffle into my mouth, taking a moment to reminisce on how amazing of a cook my aunt is. "Bye mom." Ken smiled, waving as he hugged her quickly as she kissed his forhead.

"Bye Auntie L." I smiled with a wave as she pulled me into a hug as well. Her thin arms and smell of Jamaican spices was comforting, plus her honey sweet voice with the matching personality was enough for anyone to love.

"Have a great day at school, boys." She added as I noticed Justine was nowhere to be found in the dining room. "Justine!" Auntie Lucretia called out as the 'Purple Haired Unicorn' (as she calls herself) scurried out the bathroom. She looked nervous about something as she headed to our aunt. "Bye sweetheart." Auntie Lucretia saluted with a quick peck on the cheek, as she then dashed out the door.

"What's up with her?" Ken asked, looking over at his mother for some sort of answer to my sisters unusual behavior. Auntie L shrugged, before heading back into the kitchen to wash the dishes.

"Stop wasting time and hurry up! We have ten minutes before we're gonna be late." Justine called out from outside the half opened apartment door. I wrapped the remainder of my waffles in a paper towel, hurrying out the apartment into the empty hallway. Ken closed the apartment door behind him, as we both saw Justine now in the elevator along with her bestfriend London, not even bothering to hold the door for us.

"London is so sexy bruh." Ken smirked, saying the same thing I too was thinking. I chuckled, as we headed down the hall before stopping to wait for the next elevator cart.

He was right, London was sexy. Her curly mane, almost exotic facial features, and well toned body was something for any guy to wanna wife. But her attitude and age difference was enough right there turn me off immediately. Just like Justine, she was fifteen, and a sophomore. I had no buisness being a eighteen year old senior trying to mess with her.