Chapter 6

(Still Mai's P.O.V.)
I have to meet Kurenai sensei at 6 A.M. on the dot and right now it's about 6:15! I started to run but fell on my face, I'm still kinda weak from what happened earlier this morning. Honestly I just want to crawl in to bed a forget what happened. I'll do that later! I see the training grounds so I start to run but soon trip over my own feet. I wait for the impact of the hard ground but it never comes, instead I see Shino has caught me. "Uh th-thanks Shino." I say sheepishly. He nods his response and we walk towards Kurenai very slow. I look down and grab Shino's hand, taking him by surprise. I lace my fingers through his, I look and see Hinata is already here. Hinata standing in my right and Shino on my left. "Well," Kurenai sensei started, "looks like Kiba forgot we were meeting today." Just as she says this Kiba shows up. I roll my eyes when he winks in my direction and I feel Shino's grip tighten on my hand. I mentally sigh as Kurenai sensei said we would start training. 'looks like it's gonna be a long day.' I say in my head

*time skip to after training*

We finished training earlier than I thought we would, I sparred with Hinata and Kiba. I defeated Hinata, which I felt terrible for, with eight trigrams- 16 palms. I didn't want to go full out with sixty-four palms, because if I did I would have hell to pay later. But when time came to spar with Kiba, he beat me, he was nice and helped me up from the ground. I thanked him, but when I turned around, with my back facing him, he smacked my butt. This made my face red with embarrassment and anger, I walked over to Shino and hugged him. I looked back to Kiba and stuck my tongue out, Shino saw me and started to chuckle. Kurenai dismissed us, I grabbed Shino's hand and started walking towards my house. I saw Kiba glare at us, but I just ignored him, 'he's just jealous that I found love.' I thought to myself.

Shino and I made it back to the compound, I started through the door way leading to the training grounds but Shino stopped me. "You don't want to come in?" I asked, he shook his head. "No it's not that I don't want to, I-I can't." I quirked an eyebrow, I started looking around then I saw Neji. He was glaring at Shino, I turned back to Shino and gave him a hug. "I'll see you tomorrow." I mumbled, I was doing my best to hide my anger but failing miserably. Shino kissed the top of my head, "try not to kill anyone, Mai." I giggled and waved as Shino left, I turned around and stomped towards Neji. I stopped in front of him, "what? Never seen a girlfriend hug her boyfriend before?" I said in a I-could-careless-what-you-think tone. He just kept staring at me, I scoffed then walked off towards my room.

But before I could get out of Neji's line of sight, he grabbed my wrist. "What?! I just want to get to my room! Now let go of me before you regret it." He smirked, "you know that you and bug boy can't be together, but yet you have the audacity to date him. You're only digging yourself a bigger hole." I clenched my fists, letting the chakra flow towards my palms, I broke out of Neji's grip and punched him in the jaw. When I finally realized what I had done, I ran into my room and locked the door. A few minutes later I heard a knock at the door, I activated my Byakugan to see who was at my door. If it was Neji I was not answering it, when I saw it was Hinata I opened the door. "Hi lady Hinata. What do you need?" I said in my best polite tone, "I-i just w-wanted t-to see why N-Neji is p-passes out in t-the training g-grounds." She said with a small smile, like she knew I had punched him. "Oh ya know, just a little sibling fight we have every now and then." I said while scratching the back of my head, Hinata smiled. "O-oh ok I-I was j-just wondering."

She was half way out of the room when I asked, "did I hurt you during training today?" She shook her head, "n-no I-i'm fine, don't w-worry o-ok?" I nodded. I walked into my bathroom, took a shower, brushed my teeth, changed the bandages on my neck, then put on my pajamas. I walked out of the bathroom and crawled into bed, right before I fell asleep I thought about Shino.

Yea I know I haven't updated in FOREVER! I've been busy with; school, conformation, school band concerts and recitals, graduation, field trips, cousins graduation, a talent show, and on top of all that getting ready for high school. Oh God it's been a long ass May! Anyway I apologize for not updating but summers right around the corner! So I'll be more frequent with updating! So yea!

Vote!
Comment!
Bye!