Chapter 4

Shino's P.O.V.
"Well good thing we're at my house then." I said to Mai. She just looked at me with a confused look. I motioned towards my house and she followed behind me, grasping my hand in the process. I opened the door and took me shoes off, Mai took her shoes off as well. I walked into the living room and found my dad reading. "Hey dad there is someone I would like you to meet." He nodded, Mai held my hand a little tighter. I squeezed her hand in reassurance, she nodded and looked at my dad. "Dad this is Mai Hyūga, my girlfriend." My dad put down his book, stood up, walked over to Mai and gave her a hug. Then he looked at me in disbelief, "I'm proud of you son! You finally grew a pair and asked her out. Wait until your mother finds out."

I looked at Mai who was blushing uncontrollably, I turned towards her and planted a kiss on her forehead. After I did that I heard my mom say "Awww." She gave Mai a hug and led her into the kitchen. I face palmed by my moms reaction, Mai is probably going to dump me because of my family over reacting. God my family WILL be the death of me.

Mai's P.O.V.
Shino motioned towards his house, I grabbed his hand for reassurance. I was kinda nervous about meeting his parents for the first time. I mean I have seen them before like at the Chūnin exams. But 1 I wasn't dating their son back then and 2 I never really had a reason to talk to Mr. and Mrs. Aburame. Before I had time to process what was happening Shino was introducing me to his father. "Hey dad there is someone I want you to meet." Shino said as his father set down the book he was reading. "Dad this is Mai Hyūga, my girlfriend." I was already blushing but when Mr. Aburame came and hugged me, my blush deepened. "I'm proud of you son! You finally grew a pair and asked her out. Wait until your mother finds out." Mr. Aburame said after he hugged me, now I was blushing so bad. But then Shino surprised me with a kiss on the forehead, this made me really happy. I hear an "Awww." come from the kitchen, I turn and see Mrs. Aburame. She comes up to me and gives me a hug, then ushers me into the kitchen. Probably to tell me what kinds of foods Shino likes, she put on a pot of water to make tea. Right before I walked back into the room with the tray of cups there was a knock at the door. Shino got up and answered it, but he quickly stepped outside. I heard yelling but only could make out a few words because Shino walked back in like nothing happened. "How about you stay the night tonight." Shino said more like a statement. "Yea I can but, what about my stuff I'll have to run home and grab stuff. Will you come with me?" Shino nodded, but I couldn't stop thinking about who he was yelling at. Oh well I'll ask him later.

Shino P.O.V.
Mai was bringing in the tray of cups for tea when I heard a knock on the door. I open it and find Kiba and he motions for me to come out. "What?" I say with a very bored tone. "You know what's up! What was with that stunt at Ichiraku?" (Sp?) "none of your business!" I was not in a good mood thanks to Neji and now Kiba. "You knew I liked Mai and you knew I was gonna ask her out!" Kiba screamed Akamaru barking in a agreement. "We'll look who grew a pair and asked her out before you! Now get you and your mutt off my property before I lose my temper!" I screamed, Kiba took off with a grunt, before I went back in the house I took a few deep breaths to calm myself down. 'I need to keep Mai away from Kiba.' I thought as I walked in the house to a very concerned Mai. "Why don't you spend the night tonight?" I said more as a demand than a question. "I can but I'll need to run home and trap my stuff. Will you come with me?" I nodded, grabbed her hand, and we headed for her house.

Mai's P.O.V.
Once at my house I ran into my room and quickly slammed the door, Shino was outside looking for Neji. I grabbed what I needed and set it on my bed, then dove into my closet to grab my bag. As I stood up I was pinned to the wall, I looked up and I thought it was Shino. Boy was I wrong! It's was Kiba! But before I could scream for Shino, Kiba smashed his lips onto mine. I tired to push him off out I couldn't, before I knew it he had his hand on my mouth. He traveled down my neck and bit down, I screamed thank God Shino heard me through Kiba's hand. Shino burst through the door anger visible on his face, he released his bugs on Kiba who was half way out of my window. I gripped my neck where Kiba bit but once I saw the blood I blacked out.