Chapter 12 - Finale

Third Person POV

"Hello." James growls with a smirk.

"She can't hear you." Bella reveals. "She can read your lips though."

"Oh, really?" He says, his eyes never leaving the older twin. "Can she still speak?"

"Sorta...? Sound can come out sometimes."

"Good." He grins.

The nauseating feeling is in Gabby's stomach again, watching the man above her.

"We made a deal." Bella says, forcing James' eyes to leave her sister.

"You are right. But I'm changing the conditions to our deal." He smirks. "I'm giving you a two day head start. Better make it fast!"

Bella's eyes widen before she starts running toward the front door, leaving her older sister with the vampire. Gabby starts to breathe heavily, now knowing she's stuck with the one man trying to kill her. His eyes meet hers again as he starts to walk around her, a grin plastered on his face.

"You know, it will break Edward's little heart when I kill you."

Reading his lips, Gabby starts to shake her head, trying to force words out of her mouth but they stick right in her throat.

"His rage will make for a more interesting sport than his feeble attempt to protect you." He taunts, holding up a video camera he has stolen from her mother's home. "To make things more entertaining, I'm going to make a little film of our time together to show him later."

She gulps and her fight or flight feeling kicks in. She immediately turns around and starts running toward the door her sister just left through. James, loving the chase, leaps into the air and lands right in front of her. Amused, he flings her across the floor like a bowling ball, forcing her to smash hard into a mirror column, shattering the glass.

James chuckles loudly as he holds the video camera, catching every movement on film. He advances toward her, immediately smelling her savory blood as it drips from her head.

"Beautiful!" He says as she looks up, fright covering her face. "Very visually dynamic. I chose my stage well."

She swallows slightly, panting as pain shoots through her body. She watches as he inhales deeply, knowing he's smelling the blood she can feel trickling down the back of her head.

"Too bad he didn't have the strength to turn you. Instead, he kept you this fragile little human." He continues to taunt. "But he should know how much fun we're having."

He stands straight, making sure to get her face in the camera shot before bringing his leg up. He immediately stomps on her shin, successfully snapping her tibia. Gabby's voice finally opens as she screams in agony. He grins.

"Oh! You can make noises!" He laughs before putting the camera back in her face. "Tell him to avenge you."

Gabby holds onto her leg, not watching the man as she pays attention to the bone now sticking out of her skin. James grabs her chin, forcing her to make eye contact.

"Tell him to avenge you!"

She shakes her head fast, forcing out the one word he didn't want to hear.

"No."

The mono-tone, almost robotic, word enters his ears, angering him. He keeps ahold of her chin and he slams her head against the already broken glass, embedding more into her skin. She gasps in pain, almost groaning at the feeling of glass moving around. James inhales as her blood continues to pool around her.