31 - Adrienne Potter-Diggory-Weasley

The next night at dinner, we all gathered in the Great Hall for the end-of-term feast. The banners hanging from the ceiling were green with all the decorations around the room to match, all the non-Slytherin students' spirits forlorn. I sat at the abnormally quiet Gryffindor table with Fred, George, Hermione, and Ron.

'Slytherin,' Ron groaned.

'Again,' Fred and George sighed, their heads flopping into their hands.

'For the seventh year in a row...' I rolled my eyes.

'Sorry about that.' We heard a nervous chuckle behind us as we turned to see Harry, sliding into the seat on the bench next to me.

I wrapped my arms around him suddenly as I felt him jump, but seconds later, his arms mirroring mine and accepting the hug. 'I was so worried about you!' I exclaimed.

'I'm fine, really,' he said, squished against my shoulder.

I pulled away and held him by the shoulders with my face somewhere between concerned and stern. 'Please don't do that to me ever again. You stay out of trouble, you hear? There's only room for one of us to be the troublemaker and I've already claimed that role.'

Harry smirked. 'Okay,' he said, giving me a nod.

'Okay,' I nodded back, calming a bit.

Harry looked distracted, looking around the Hall. I followed his gaze to see that nearly half the kids in the room were looking at him, some whispering to the friends around them. I put my arm around Harry, pulling him back in. 'Don't pay attention to them,' I said.

'Look, Dumbledore's starting,' Hermione exclaimed.

'Another year gone!' Dumbledore said cheerfully. 'I must trouble you with an old man's wheezing waffle before we sink our teeth into our delicious feast. What a year it has been! Hopefully your heads are all a little fuller than they were...you have the whole summer ahead to get them nice and empty before next year starts. Now, as I understand it, the house cup here needs awarding, and the points stand thus: In fourth place, Gryffindor, with 262 points.'

The whole of our table clapped with very little effort, Professor McGonagall with a saddened, disappointed expression across her face.

'In third, Hufflepuff with 352 points. Ravenclaw has 426 points and Slytherin, 472.'

The Slytherin table at the end of the room erupted into cheers and applause, with our quidditch rivals, boy Adrian and Cassius banging their goblets on the table. I turned back around in my seat in disgust.

'Yes, yes, well done, Slytherin,' Dumbledore praised. 'However, recent events must be taken into account.'

The room went silent in confusion. The Slytherins taken aback as their smiles faded from their faces.

'Yes, some last minute points must be awarded. First...to Mr. Ronald Weasley.'

Ron's face turned purple like a radish as all eyes went to him.

'For the best played game of chess Hogwarts has seen in many years. I award Gryffindor 50 points.'

The cheers from our House shook the table, even pompous, uptight Percy letting loose a bit and being proud of his younger brother. I could hear him showing off to the kids around him how that was his brother getting points.

'Second, to Ms. Hermione Granger, for the use of cool logic in the face of fire. 50 Points.'

Hermione buried her face in her hands with embarrassment as more cheers could be heard from our table. We were up 100 points now. 'How many points do you think he's giving out? This is wild!' I laughed.