Chapter 16

Instantly, everyone started to surround Coach, and I was about to as well, when I spotted Stiles untangle himself from the mob and walk towards me.

I ran up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck, pressing my lips against his. Stiles seemed surprised at my action and froze, but slowly he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me back.

Coach let out a groan and I pulled away from the kiss, glancing worriedly at my teacher, all the while Stiles continued to hold me protectively.

Stiles placed his head in the crook of my neck, inhaling my scent and holding me tightly. I hugged him back, but my attention was on Coach and I ended the hug quickly.

"We have to help," I told him.

Stiles reluctantly let go of me just as Coach started screaming. It seemed he had been in shock, but obviously wasn't anymore.

Stiles and I both ran to his side, and I covered my hands over his stomach and around the arrow in an attempt to stop the bleeding.

"Get it out of me! Get it out of me! I'm gonna die!" Coach screamed, shaking violently.

"Coach, Coach, you're not going to die," Stiles said, trying to calm Coach down.

Coach completely ignored Stiles and continued to scream "I'm going to die!" all the while moving around.

"It'll hurt less if you stop moving around," Aiden said to Coach, but he still didn't listen. "Stay still, Coach. An ambulance is coming!" Aiden yelled again.

Aiden looked up to the crowd surrounding Coach and started yelling at them to get back and give Coach some room.

Coach's panic was infectious and soon I felt myself panicking. What if Coach died? I wouldn't be able to do anything to stop it, and I wasn't sure how to heal wounds with fire yet. I didn't want Coach to die.

My hands started to heat up again, and I muttered another curse. I noticed Stiles watching me from the corner of my eye and murmured a quick "I need to go" before getting up and running off.

I ran to a nearby tree away from the crowd and hid behind it, sitting on the floor and trying to stop my bloody hands from shaking. Coach just got shot by an arrow. An arrow! Where did it come from? Who shot it? Would he live?

I ignored those thoughts, instead attempting to focus on calming down, when I heard footsteps. I turned to look and found Kira walking up to me.

"Hey, you okay?" she asked me.

I nodded, trying to calm down but I could still hear Coach's screams and they were very distracting.

"You don't look okay," Kira commented worriedly.

I felt my breaths quicken and I grasped the ground and leaves with my hands in an attempt to calm down. When I looked down though, I realised the only thing I'd done was manage to set the leaves on fire.

I quickly got up and stomped on the fire to make it go out, all the while pretending everything was fine and struggling to calm down.

"I'm fine," I told Kira firmly, before turning around and running off.

I made it to the school, where I locked myself in a bathroom stall. I fumbled with my pockets until I got out my phone and quickly dialled my mother's phone number.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" my mother asked as she answered the phone.

"No!" I cried out. "Coach got shot by an arrow, Stiles is back, and I'm losing control of my powers!"

"Stiles is back?" my mother questioned, sounding worried.

"Mum! That's not the problem here!"

I heard some chatter on the other side of the line, probably my mother talking to my dad, before my mother spoke again.