Chapter 04

It was Monday again, that wretched day where I was forced to go back to school after a weekend of bliss.

I had spent most of the weekend with Kira, having a sleepover with her on Friday night and then spending Saturday night at her house.

We did a lot of bonding and were now really close, but that bonding had come with a price. Now, sadly, Kira new about my small crush on Stiles and kept teasing me relentlessly for it, but I managed to force a confession out of her too so now I knew about her crush on Scott.

I also met Kira's mother, who was the same person in the room with my mother and Kira's father. As soon as Kira and I were alone in her room, I told her everything I'd heard of their conversation on Friday, and we both thought it was quite peculiar. At one point, Kira looked at me like she wanted to say something and opened her mouth but then quickly closed it.

We also did some research Saturday night on bardo for Scott. Well, Kira researched, and I looked over her shoulder, teasing Kira on how she was head over heels for Scott.

Now, it was just before first class started and I was watching from afar as Kira gave Scott the research she worked so hard on.

"Hi. I'm Kira," she said, a big smile plastered on her face. "You knew that. I knew you knew that. I don't know why I just told you again."

I couldn't help the snicker that left my mouth as I watched her ramble. It was so adorable.

"Anyway, I have something for you," Kira continued, taking off her backpack.

"For me?" Scott asked hesitantly.

"Yeah," Kira said distractedly as she looked through her bag. "About bardo. My explanation was sort of all over the place, so I did some research and I printed it out for you."

Kira looked back to her bag, struggling to find her notes.

"Oh, you didn't have to do that," he said, a smile gracing his lips.

Kira quickly looked up at Scott.

"It only took a couple of hours," she said hurriedly before looking back to her bag.

I watched Scott's eyes widen at her words.

"Wow. Then you really didn't have to do that," he said.

Kira continued to search through her bag, telling him she swore she printed it out when her father interrupted her.

"Kira. You forgot all the research you did for that boy you like," he said, while passing the pages upon pages of printed research into her hands.

Kira looked at her dad, frozen in place as her brain broke down. She reluctantly turned around, wordlessly passing the stack of paper to a surprised looking Scott before sitting next to me, looking like she wanted the floor to swallow her whole.

As Scott took his seat a few desks away, Kira covered her face with her hands miserably.

"I'm ready to die," she muttered, cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

I let out a nervous laugh.

"Come on, it wasn't that bad," I lied.

My words received a glare from Kira before Mr Yukimura started talking, cutting off our conversation.

While he was talking, my eyes just so happened to stray to Stiles who was looking at his pen, seemingly deep in thought.

"Who would like to come up and read aloud for us?" with those words, I stopped looking at Stiles and my attention went back to the teacher. I shrank down, trying to look as small as possible, hoping Mr Yukimura wouldn't notice me.