Temptation

The dining hall was bustling with laughter and merriment when the Remdragon Knights arrived. The Master would not be joining them. He preferred a quiet dining atmosphere and would be enjoying his meal in his room.  

After receiving a lavish meal from the kitchen staff, they took their seats at a table that had been clearly set aside for guests.

In the back corner of the room a small band played soft music that could hardly be heard over the chatter that filled the room. The Master's knights and guards sat at a long table on the other side of the room, laughing and joking. They had also received their meals but had not touched their food.  

Odd. Why haven't the other men started eating yet?  

Riftan looked around for his favorite shade of red but to no avail. She was not here. He needed to see her and make sure she was alright after battling those beasts in the arena. His mind raced with a million questions, and he couldn't get those solid white emotionless eyes out of his head. He loved Maxi's unique silvery blue eyes that easily showed her feelings, making her mood easy to read. Now her eyes were cold, unfeeling and it unsettled him to the point that he no longer had an appetite, and he barely touched his food.  

The other Remdragon Knights were scarfing down their food, famished from a long day of riding as they had ridden hard that morning to reach the master's estate. The men at the other table continued to leave their meals untouched.  

The doors to the dining hall creaked open slowly. The Master's soldiers became silent which caught the attention of the Remdragon Knights who also quieted down and looked around. Their eyes caught sight of a familiar head of crimson curls entering the dining hall. Her hair was in a simple braid. Her fiery locks were the only thing familiar to the Remdragon Knights, without it they would not have recognized her.

She held her head high, her expression neutral, as she walked with confidence that commanded respect. Not arrogant but powerful. Hanging from her neck was a large jagged red stone, a beautiful garnet, which rested gently against her bosom. She wore all black: leather boots, skintight pants, and a sleeveless high neck black shirt that showed off her pale shoulders and arms. Her shirt had been tucked into her trousers. Her clothes were very tight, much tighter than what she had worn in the arena that afternoon. The fabric of her top hugged her body accentuating her ample bust, flat stomach, and tiny waist.  

Riftan choked on his wine when he saw her. He felt his body temperature rise as her outfit had enabled him to see every tempting sway of her hips. Her soft pale skin seemed to glow slightly under the room's dim candlelight. She looked like a dark warrior goddess, one he longed to worship and ravish.

She walked past the guest table without sparing a single glance at the knights. She received her meal and casually took a seat at the head of the table where the master's soldiers were seated.  

She raised her goblet and the men sitting before her followed suit. She spoke in a clear, enthusiastic but detached voice, "Thank you for all your arduous work today gentlemen. Enjoy the feast." The men cheered and dug into their meal while conversing with one another.

The woman brought her cup to her lips and downed the entire glass of wine in one go without pausing for a breath. She began to eat and easily engaged in conversation with the other men at her table. Her plate was full, and she ate earnestly. Maximilian would have hardly been able to eat a fourth of what this woman was now consuming as though she had not eaten in days.  

Riftan and the other knights continued to stare in disbelief. Her over confidence, abnormally large appetite, and the ease at which she conversed with the men around her absolutely baffled them. The Maxi they knew was quiet and shy, nothing like the loud, boisterous woman in front of them.