The Arena

A ferocious pack of 12 hungry wolf-lion hybrid beasts snapped, salivated, and snarled viciously as they paced and clawed around the base of the arena.

The Master and the Remdragon Knights stood along the railing of a viewing platform, overlooking the beasts below.

Riftan was on edge and growing more impatient by the second. "We are wasting-"

"You are in for a real treat," the Master cut him off and spoke with a giddy voice. "Eyes up. Show time!"

Suddenly someone dove from the rafters above and landed on the arena floor with inhuman grace. The only thing the knights could tell from this far away was that the individual was a woman. She wore cream colored form fitting clothing which allowed her to move with ease. Head gear and a face mask protected her and concealed any identifying features. Armed with two large daggers, the woman proceeded to cut through the beasts like butter, pivoting between powerful snapping jaws and large claws with ease and elegance. One by one the beasts fell until the room was filled with an uneasy silence.

"Eve, come," the Master called. "I would like you to meet our guests."

The small woman quickly made her way up to their platform. She came over the railing with an agile flip and landed in front of the Master with her back to the knights. She stood stiff and tense, staring straight ahead.

"Relax Captain," the master spoke with a playful voice, "Say hello to the Remdragon Knights."

The woman relaxed her shoulders slightly. The woman was short and very slim but also had lovely curves that gave her a gorgeous figure. She took off her mask without turning around. Next, she removed her head gear and a waterfall of curly crimson hair tumbled out over her shoulders and down her back.

The men gasped in shock, awe, and concern. Apart from Riftan, all the knights bowed their heads in shame as they had watched her moments ago with lustful desire in their eyes as she had fought in immodest clothing, never knowing until now that it was in fact their lady. The woman turned around swiftly to face the men.

Riftan stood frozen to the spot in absolute shock. His overly modest wife would have been mortified if she were caught wearing something like that in front of other people, the woman he knew would not have been brave enough to wear that in front of him even in the privacy of their bedchamber. And how, when, and where had she learned to fight, no, slaughter monsters with such fearlessness and ease?!? His wife hated violence and was barely decent with a small dagger he had given her. She was not the skilled seasoned warrior he had just seen massacring a pack of beasts in the arena.

He could tell from her rigid body language alone that something was very wrong. His fears were confirmed when he looked into the eyes of the woman standing before him. This woman was not his wife. Not exactly. Her eyes were solid white, no color at all. The woman before him may have his wife's body but it was not her. Not anymore.

"Hello," she said in a cold monotone voice that sent an uneasy chill down their spines at her unemotional greeting. If she recognized them at all, her face never gave it away.

"Thank you, Eve," the Master said with a Cheshire grin. "You may return to your quarters and freshen up for dinner."

She turned and bowed low in respect of her superior. She glanced over her shoulder and gave a slight nod farewell to the knights, not meeting their eyes. She departed with a stiff brisk walk, almost marching, and was soon out of their sight.

Lady Maxi would never have been so rude to new guests.

"Shouldn't someone escort the lady to her chambers?" one of the knights asked out of concern for the lady's safety.

The Master barked out a laugh. "Kid, the only one around here that needs to be afraid is anyone who gets in her way."