Ch.10

The next morning, I woke up to an empty bed. I looked at the rest of the room to see that Tony's stuff was no longer there. At first I was confused, but when the reality hit me of what happened between Volodya and I last night... I became increasingly paranoid. Had Tony somehow found out about what happened and left??
I got up, put on my clothes and walked through the hall to my family's room, to see that they were empty as well. I kept walking and started to hear chatter and laughing in Volodyas main office. I walked through the door to be greeted by everyone sitting in the couches, and Vova  sitting behind his desk- warmly smiling and blushing in my arrival.

"Baby!"
A cheerful Tony stood up and hugged me as I walked in.

"Hi........ baby."
I hugged Tony back reluctantly as I watched Volodya's reaction. I watched Vova's warm smile turn into a neutral blank stare as he cleared his throat.

Seeing Volodya react like that, really made me disappointed in myself. It's like I almost felt guilty of cheating on Volodya with Tony, rather than cheating on Tony with Volodya. I mean we kissed last night. The way he looked into my soul- all that passion- that moment. Even though it was an act of adultry- it was beautiful and it clearly meant something to the both of us.

"Good your awake, we've gotta dip out this place soon. We have our interview in Saint Petersburg in like 2 hours. Get your stuff we've got to hurry."
Tony explained.

I went to my room and packed up all my stuff into my suitcases. I met everyone outside infront of the car as we all said our goodbyes to Vova. When it was my turn for a hug, Vova just looked at me with a sentimental look. I knew exactly what he wanted to say to me but couldn't; it was like he was torn because of the connection clearly have together, and the unstoppable fate of me marrying Tony. If only Vova knew how I truly felt, and how Tony and I's relationship really was.

For the next week, I continued with the wedding planning and our family felt more United than ever before- after our visit to the kremlin. Everyone was finally getting along and had warmed up to Tony. He was making a real effort to be positive with everyone and change. It was clear that Tony had been more aggressive because of his suspicions of what kind of connection me and Volodya truly have. Tony getting along with Vova now, gave him a lot more peace and made him feel a lot more at ease. In Tony's  mind- he now truly believed that Vova was no more than a brother to me. Little did he know... I was carrying out and confirming the insecurities and suspicions he had all along. I felt deeply in my subconscious that I had to do something about this. I had to break up with Tony, I couldn't picture myself marrying him any longer at all. I wanted Volodya... and I had made up my mind.

On the Saturday morning of our bachelor and bachelorette parties, my bridesmaids flew in to Saint Petersburg from LA. And Tony's groomsmen flew in as well. We decided that my party would take place at a huge nightclub in Moscow, and Tony's party would obviously take place at Volodya's dacha.
Tony and I said our goodbyes to each other and went our separate ways. Me and my bridesmaids- and him and his groomsmen to our destinations.
My girls and I got ready in our hotel room for the party later on. My stomach continuing to turn worse and worse, thinking of how this grand celebration of a wedding everyone was counting on- was going to be canceled.

"Vivian are you okay? You've barely talked to us since we got here!"
Valerie (my good friend and bridesmaid) asked me as I silently and anxiously curled my hair.

"No... it's just a little pre party jitters- I'm okay....."
I replied as I swallowed the lump in my throat. I wanted to tell her so badly what was actually happening but I couldn't.
She examined my face and I could tell she could sense something more was going on with me.

"Are you guys ready to party?!"
I sharply shifted the mood to be light hearted. I just had to get through this night with out anyone questioning me or figuring out how nervous and overwhelmed I truly felt. Not to mention that Tony and his whole entourage of groomsmen that acted like drunk barbarians were going to spend their whole night with Volodya. That made me extremely nervous as I knew how Tony was prone to getting loud and aggressive while intoxicated. And Volodya is never one to back down from a fight. I could feel in my soul that this night was going to be unpredictable and possibly end badly.