069 - Anymore

Author's note:

The IRL timeline may not be accurate in this book. After all, this is still fiction.

So, if you reached here after reading Jennie's 6.6 million followers on Instagram on the first chapters, keep in mind I started the timeline at 2018, and we are now currently in 2019.

It's been a long time, everyone! Why are you still here? jk. :)

This is a multi-layered flashback, I hope you still get to understand the events. Heehee.

Enjoy. We're almost over.

<3

XX

Until you come back, I'll be standing right here.

[May 11, 2019]

Kim Taehyung's Point of View

Frustrated, Taehyung can only spin his ring on his middle finger, the other half of what he gave his (ex) girlfriend on his birthday. His left hand held his phone resting on his lap as he found comfort in sitting cross-legged on the floor, back resting on the wall. It was their break time in the practice room when he decided to search for Blackpink's concert performances on YouTube to feed himself some Jennie updates. From her 16 Shots fan cam, to a video of her crying while singing Stay, he feels his heart getting pinched every minute reality slaps him of could-have-beens. If it wasn't for their break, he knew he would have been listening to her every night after their concert, telling each other their tour stories, sharing each other's worries, and spending time together if time permits they are both in Seoul before travelling again in a different tour city.

But his decisions led him to misery this day. She, and her members, blocked her on all communication means. He could not find the right timing when they are in the same country at once. Hence, all he could do was just to sigh.

"Posture!" He felt a sting on his back, only to see Seokjin hovering him, a face towel on hand that he used to flick on him. He sits straight as his hyung sit beside him. "You're slouching and sighing as if you broke up with the girlfriend you love dearest?," teasing him in a singsong manner.

Taehyung, eyes back on his screen, mindlessly nods. But giddy Seok-jin did not notice, as he scooches closer to him to watch his phone screen, currently playing Jennie's Solo performance in Coachella Day 2.

"You're watching their Coachella clips? They're so good, right?" Jin laughs, spinning the face towel he's holding on his hands. "Did you know Jisoo-ssi wrote the Korean translation of her Clarity special stage on their concert? And some people say she was sick on one of the Coachella nights but you can't really see her suffering. I saw that fact on Twitter. She's really good."

Taehyung diverts his eyes to his hyung, still focused on the video. "You sound like a creep."

"Aish. You need to stop hanging out with Kookie. You sound the same." Seok-jin stares back at him, as long as he can, his hyung trying to stare him down. Taehyung just raises his eyebrow. When his hyung knows he's losing, he blinks hard multiple times trying to distract Taehyung, but he didn't flinch. "Aish. I'm just sharing, idiot! Just be bothered because Jennie-ssi sings her song all too well. Isn't that song about a breakup she went through?" Jin laughs ridiculously loud to tease him. "One more clip and I'd assume she broke up with you!"