Suspected of killing

(Natalia's POV)

I woke up the next morning having no idea that I had been followed last night. You would've thought after six years of investigating and following people I would have known when I, myself was being followed. 

I made my way into the kitchen and waited as the water in the coffee machine started to boil. I had a massive headache after drinking every bottle in the bar last night. I reached my hand to the top cabin and took out a box labeled Aspirin. I immediately drank the pill down with a large glass of water.

I sat down on the uncomfy blue couch with my hot cup of coffee and put on some mind numbing episodes that I wasn't really paying attention to. Suddenly I felt as if I was being watched so I quickly looked over the apartment that I hadn't bothered to clean for the past few weeks.

I had a bad feeling in my stomach, even after I had checked every corner of the small apartment. I looked out the large window in the living room that was met by the empty street outside. There was nothing to see, except for the pricey car that sat still on the other side of the road.

I wondered what a car like that was doing in this part of town. I looked away and back to the tv. I still had that feeling as I was being watched. Was I just being paranoid or was I finally losing my mind? Why couldn't I shake that uncomfy feeling.

My eyes looked once more over to the car, again, wondering what it was doing there. I couldn't help but think, was I followed home last night? Had that car been there all night?

I finally pressed play on the episode and raised the volume so high that I couldn't even hear my own thoughts.

--------------------

(Bucky's POV)

I sat in a black Rolls-Royce that was parked on the side of the road. The binoculars I had been handed yesterday were pointed in the direction of a ground floor apartment in one of the shadiest neighborhoods of New York.

Tony had told him to monitor a woman that could have something to do with an investigation that they were on. This case had been ongoing for the past six years, but the Avengers were only informed of it a week ago. When S.H.E.I.L.D found the first body, the crime scene had been messy, clues all over the place and they were extremely close to finding the killer. But as more bodies turned up, the harder it got. Whoever killed these people, just got better and better at hiding their identity.

In my lap sat a plain black pen that I had been given to dot down everything that the woman did and an open blue notebook with lots of words scribbled over the pages. At the top of the page was the name of the woman he was monitoring, Natalia Hayes.

So far she hadn't done anything suspicious. I found it strange why S.H.E.I.L.D had gone about this so secretively. If she was suspected of killing hundreds, why wasn't she just called in for questioning like he had been a year ago.

I watched her sit down on a couch and turn on the tv that was hanging on the plain gray wall. I was bored out of my mind, she just looked like a normal citizen, drinking coffee and watching tv, just like any other person did in the morning.

The woman pressed pause on what looked like, the episodes friends, and started to look around her apartment. She looked somewhat scared. I started to wonder what caused her to feel that way, had she heard something? My thoughts were cut short as she looked my way, she was looking at the car.

Of Course she was looking at the car. It was severely misplaced on that street. Every other car that he had seen in this neighborhood had either been seriously wrecked or that it was so old, it had started to rust.

My car was brand new, newly cleaned and not to mention, much more expensive than the other cars. Why hadn't I thought about that? Such a rookie mistake. He just hoped he had ducked down before she noticed him.

(718 words)