All Of Us Are Dead

If the world is against you and your child didn't get the justice they needed, would you take revenge?

To me, I wouldn't go far to make something that can kill the population, but society is a pain no matter how many years passed. All of us are Dead is not only a zombie surviving plot but also it shows that humans and society never changes despite the deadly situation.

I haven't read the webtoon except five chapters because LINE Webtoon put the comic under Daily Pass (meaning you need to buy coins in order to read all the chapters), so I can't compare between the Netflix version vs the Webtoon version. What I can say is the actors are prettier than the comic characters (which judging by their style, they look like they're from the 70's or countryside).

Plot

(From Wikipedia) After a failed science experiment, a local high school is overrun with , and the trapped students struggle to survive. With no food or water, and communication cut-off by the government, they must use equipment around the school to protect themselves in the midst of a battleground or they will become part of the infected.

Characters

Nam On-jo - A high school girl who tries to survive from the zombie chaos. Since her father is a fireman, On-jo is kind of brave and optimistic, reassuring her friends when the tension rises. Though sometimes, when the people she loves or the plan goes down, her own feelings of hope crumbles as well.

Lee Cheong-san - On-jo's childhood friend and neighbor. He also goes to the same school with On-jo and part of a survivor as well. Even he's just a teenager, Cheong-san always puts himself out front and takes on a dangerous mission in order for him and the small group make it to their goal without getting infected by the zombies.

Lee Byeong-chan - The school's science teacher and cause of the zombie virus. 

Pro vs Con

Pro:

- The staffs playing as all the zombies (they performed so well, I get scared and in awe at them like Train to Busan)

- Adding humor in the episodes

- The opening credit (that was a genius!)

- Making a morally gray villain

Con: 

- Some flaws people act that could have killed them and the plot

- On-jo's decisions and behavior

- The female teacher's pledge that the survivor group have to keep

Overall result

I recommend this show if you're a zombie fan. The humor was a good idea to add as it eases the suspense and tragedy in the entire episode. 

One thing I find it irritating is On-jo's thinking. In a zombie world, they're already (un)dead so this whole 'don't kill them' is so stupid. You could be lucky running away with tools to distract them, push or kick the zombies out of the window, stairs, roof, whatever, but they still gonna sniff you out and bite you. But she's not the only character who thinks like that in this show.

I hope that season 2 will happen as the last episode left me wanting more.

Stars: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Share your opinion about this series in the comments or Inline